Which one can you recommend me for my "metal guitar" I'm planning? Is there a big difference in the sound? Because the price is like twice as much for the Knuckles... I'd just like to hear some opinions..
Thank you!
Warpigs fool. Bareknuckles are the way forward no matter what.

PSN ID: ArranP
Tone is the bottom line. Your best bet is to check out soundclips of both pickups. Bare Knuckle Pickups use much higher quality parts than swineshead (such as nickel silver bassplates rather than plastic) but BKP cost 2 or 3 times as much too...
Not taking any online orders.
^ agreed.

I think they must have changed to plastic baseplates, as mine has a metal baseplate. I think (from memory... and assuming i know what a baseplate is ).

But yeah, problem is very few have both. A guy who used to post here had both, and said the warpig was better, and more versatile, but that the xbucker was very good too.

I suspect it comes down to cost, basically. And obviously personal preference...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sorry about hi-jacking but i currently have an Xbucker in my Ic-300's neck, anyone recommend a replacement for my bridge?

I was thinking a Dimebucker or Bill Lawrence XL500?

I play pretty much all sub-genre's of metal...
what's an lc300?

i haven't tried the BL, but the dimebucker is pretty poor. Definitely in a guitar with a swineshead in it, it'll get shown up badly, i'd have thought.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i can't say that as I haven't tried it... but i certainly wouldn't go with the dimebucker, that's for sure. though there are doubtless other options which might do a similar thing.

are you in the UK? I assume you are if you have a swineshead, but i could be wrong.

EDIT: ah, i read that as LC-300, that's why i didn't get that it was an iceman...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
from what i hear, even in the UK, the BL is pretty decent value, but i can't say whether it's any good as i haven't tried it.

Swineshead would be similarly good value, and I know I can recommend them. Bareknuckles are sweet too, but more cash. And i hear good things about rockmonkey (corduroy from on here), bulldog, and irongear, but haven't tried those.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How much does a Bareknuckle cost in the states?

They're roughly $90 a peice in europe, or so their website says.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
£90. pounds sterling. That's like $180, by a straight conversion. However, that includes VAT, so you could get one for about 15% less than that, as if you're outside the EU you don't have to pay VAT.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Joelieo
sorry about hi-jacking but i currently have an Xbucker in my Ic-300's neck, anyone recommend a replacement for my bridge?

I was thinking a Dimebucker or Bill Lawrence XL500?

I play pretty much all sub-genre's of metal...

Why have you got it in the neck?

And explain: Why do you want to change it?
I just generally like the warm tone of it in the neck, and I want to change my bridge because generally the stock pickup tends to feedback alot and I don't feel it's outputting high enough for my playing style.
is it a neck version of the xbucker ok? cos if it's the bridge version, i'd just rip it out and stick it in the bridge, and look for a new neck pickup...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
"i'd just rip it out and stick it in the bridge, and look for a new neck pickup..." <--- agree.
oh ok. I got confused...

You'd need to make sure which version of the xbucker it is- it should say on the back. if it's the neck version, it'd be preferable to just get a new bridge pickup; if it's the bridge version, stick it in the bridge to see how you like it, and then make your decision based on that...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?