I have a movie saved as .flv, because that's how realplayer saves streaming videos, and I want the audio from it to try out stuff in Audacity. I've tried using the "wizard" in VLC media player to transcode audio, I've tried a few different settings but nothing seems to work. I got audio tracks that would play in VLC but not Audacity.

How can I get the audio off the video and use it in audacity? Is there any free program that might make this easier? Remember the video is .flv
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
There's a free program I think it's Virtual Dub that lets you split / rejoin the video and audio from various movie formats.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2
Thanks but I tried that and it doesn't like .flv.... it seems I have to find a way to convert the video.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Look up the programme "Free YouTube to iPod Converter" on the internet. It converts flv files and gets an mpg4 video or mp3 track from any youtube link you send it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
You could also set your recording device to "wave" and then record the audio in audacity while the video is playing.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2