It arrived out of tune, so I just loosened the nut things at the end of the neck, and tuned it using the tuning pegs. The problem is that there fret buzz on some strings, and I have no idea what to do as the only other guitar I've used is a cheap acoustic.
The model is a Schecter C1FR incase it makes a difference. Help appreciated.
wow

price for a first guitar
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
No, just the regular C1FR with duncan designed pickups.

Would changing the strings likely stop the buzz?
Well a floyd is pretty much to hard to handle since you dont have any knowlage at all.
You should let some one set the guitar up or atleast look it up on the net.

Anyways if you wanna get rid of the buzz , loosen the springs or raise the bridge by raising the two big pivot screws.
Ok thanks guys, I'll read up a bit and if it seems impossible I'll just take it to a shop.
IMO, Schecters are nice, but i wouldnt want a Floyd-equipped guitar as my first. Too much work to tune, and changing strings might get frustrating.
Just a thought and I am not trying to insult your intelligence but did you retighten the screws at the top of the neck after you tuned it cus that would give you the buzzing.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Ok, I'm starting to think this is a problem with the neck as I have raised the action boatloads, and moved the saddle forward and top E string still buzzes at the first few frets.
Dude , moving the saddle changes the INTONATION dont mess with that right now
Well , maybe theres some **** stuck on the string/frets ?
Try raising the action even more .

Even though i doubt you could have missed it , tighten the locking nut .
Is it possible to raise the nut because honestly I think that would solve the problem. The strings are just on too much of a slant right now.
what would happen if i had a floyd rose guitar tuned in at drop c but a month later they barely went out of tune.Maybe my c went lower but i wanted to retune it to drop c would any strings break ?
Quote by Borador
Is it possible to raise the nut because honestly I think that would solve the problem. The strings are just on too much of a slant right now.

Well you cant just raise the locking nut simply , it would need ome modding.

Dude im telling you take it to a tech before you mess something up.
Oh and to straighten out the strings/neck you need to adjust the truss rod
BUT DONT DO IT YOURsELF , JUST TAKE IT TO A TECH
Come on guys... you all must be so lazy if your saying a Floyd rose is hard to tune. It takes like 5 seconds to loosen the screws. Then you tune. Then you tighten them. Not hard, but changing strings is annoying, make sure you read up on it before you try it by yourself. And fret buzzing is common on the low E string.
Quote by Metallica rulz
Come on guys... you all must be so lazy if your saying a Floyd rose is hard to tune. It takes like 5 seconds to loosen the screws. Then you tune. Then you tighten them. Not hard, but changing strings is annoying, make sure you read up on it before you try it by yourself. And fret buzzing is common on the low E string.

Try going to Drop D from E on a Floating Bridge. Fixed Bridge is 10x easier and faster.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Yeah its definatly easy if you understand the simple mechanics of the system but for an absolute beginner it might be slightly to much to handle along with actualy learning to play the guitar
Quote by Metallica rulz
I have, ive tuned from C standard to E, and I know its annoying, but if you do it 2 strings at a time it stays in tune pretty well.

They stay in tune really well if you don't abuse it. It's just annoying to tune, and then have to align your bridge again, even for just going from E to Drop D.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Ok just an update here, I loosened the truss rod a little and put some new strings on. There is still a little buzz if I pluck hard, but I can live with it for the time being. Thanks for the help.
Jeez..don't start messing with the truss rod on your first electric, you're liable to completely f*ck the thing up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
take the guitar do a damn tech i will laugh when u **** the guitar up and u have to buy a new one