I have never drop-tuned my guitar past D. Reasons being I do not know how loose the strings will be, unless i have to tighten something in the process. any suggestions?
Yeah, go up a gauge.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
currently i have GHS GBXL (starting at 009). so up a guage would be GBL? (starting at 010, 013, 017, dy26, dy38, and dy48)
yeah go up a gauge but if you have a trem you will have to play around with the tention, cos you will be loosening the strings
Manchester United
Which Ibanez do you have, and how low do you want to go? If you want a downtune a step, say, then 10s might get a bit too floppy.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
12's on an ibby suck balls

Don't do it unless you are going to C Standard or below

This has reminded me i need to buy strings for my 7 string ibby, stock 9's suck
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
its an Ibanez RX 170 6 string. currently have 9s. if anything, the reason i want to drop tune it is so i can go from standard to drop C and back. sometimes i like to play the Eagles and other times ill go to Metallica, Nickleback, ...etc and not all of the songs are standard. i dont think ill go to C Standard unless i get another guitar.