Wasn't sure where to put this thread 2bh

I just wondered whether theres any programs as opposed to guitar pro to record backing tracks with realistic instrument sounds

Ive used cubasis put the sounds seem a bit fake 2 me

Cheers
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
get FL studio import a midi track and get a soundfont for the instrument you want.

I cant find the guide I used so I can't tell you with too much detail.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
that's what I used, but I couldn't find it in the contribution section.

oh well
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
There is a chord sequencer which allows you to quickly enter chord progressions (easily done because GUI is well thought out) it's called Chord Pad- has 250+ styles (sound great) and you can adjust instruments,tempo,key,meter...or mute/unmute tracks which is very convinient if you want to create drumless or basless backing track:

http://www.desktopmetronome.com/c5/index.php/products/chord_sequencer/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBRlJDuavk0
Now I've never used Cubasis but it is basically just a scaled down Cubase, yes?

How realistic it will sound is down to two main things: sounds and programming.

Sounds; What you need to do is find some VST libraries that have sounds more like you want. There are so many sample based libraries out there, some are good, some are meh. That has a lot to do with multisampling.
For example, with a piano sample it is widely accepted that you need two samples per octave otherwise you have to pitch shift too far and it just sounds wrong because pianos sound different from one end of the keyboard to the other. There are even different numbers of strings per note in different places. The better piano libraries have more samples per octave than others - plus there's how well it was miked up, etc.
Suffice it to say that not all sound libraries are created equal.

Programming. If you quantise everything to bang on the beat it sounds fake. Cubase allows you to move notes around to a miniscule degree.
Here's a trick. Quantise on record so you start out with perfection. Now set your snap value down to something really small and grab the boot tool. Now start booting shit around.
Kick different instruments in different directions mostly, but not exclusively and don't overdo it. Some people tend to be late and some tend to be early.
Think of it intelligently. If a passage is building up the tendency is to get a little ahead of the beat, if breaking down into a quieter passage one tends to get behind the beat. Different people in the band will slide off the beat to different degrees and at different times.
Just use a small snap and experiment, you'll get the hang of it. It takes time but it is worth it in the long run.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
EZ drummer is a great VST for drums. Not exactly cheap, but if you program it right it sounds very realistic. It also has a "humanize" feature that automatically does what Cath was talking about.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes