I use a 3mm dunlop big stubby pick... Im quite fast But would I gain speed faster with thinner?

Does too thick pick slow me down?
Go to my homesite if you want learn Sweep picking and Economy.

Here:

www.freewebs.com/ushimirs

I hope you like... but text is finnish.
get some smaller ones and check it out. Its not like they cost much
It all comes down to what you prefer. Try some other pics and see if you like them more. If you don't just keep using this one.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
More string attack, no need to hack the **** out of your strings to get sound...speeds up, actually.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
It may get a bit more clumsy if its super thick, although the Dunlop Stubbys are 3mm thick but have a pointed end and are great to play with
Big Stubbies are the best pick ever! You can shred with them and sweep. If you ask me they are much more stable and don't flap about so much, so in effect are much easier to play with and give more control. That's you my OPINION though, it's personal preferance
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
I normally play with just a normal Fender medium, but when I play a song like Cliffs of Dover or anything like that, I use one of those thiiick and small Dunlops
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
a lot of people who play fast use a thick pick so no it wont slow you down. 3mm sounds a little much though lol. but i doubt it will slow you down. its all about what you are used to. i find thinner picks slow me down because im used to bigger ones. i dont use 3mm but i dont go under 1.
i used them and they dont slow you down, i was my fastest when i used em, but have since switched due to other reasons, theyre good picks, keep with em
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by tabber666
Big Stubbies are the best pick ever! You can shred with them and sweep. If you ask me they are much more stable and don't flap about so much, so in effect are much easier to play with and give more control. That's you my OPINION though, it's personal preferance

+1. Even though I'd suggest checking some other picks out, because what floats my boat may not float yours.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
I go back and forth between Dunlop Gator Grip 1.5mm and Big Stubbies 2mm. They are actually the same size, The Big Stubbies are very hard to hold onto, especially because my hands sweat a lot, but are really good for sweeps. It's weird, I will prefer one of them one hight, and the next night, I won't be able to use them.

AS far as getting a different size and it affecting your speed, it's up to the guitarist. I used to use thin picks, but now I can't even use a pick under 1mm in thickness.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
The thicker the better IMO. I use regular Stubbies
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Just look at Malmsteen, he uses 1.5mm picks, and he is anything but slow. He said in an interview he uses the thick picks because of their stiffness, wich is the same reason I do. I don't like to have my pick givving udner the pressure of my picking, I want it to only move when I move my hand.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
try playing with toe-nails..work great!

haha jk, i would think youd have more control with thicker than thin, thin seems like it would be to sloppy