I have a couple questions for you guys:

1. Are the JCM800 combos as good as the head + cabs?
2. What's the difference between the 2203 and 2204? Is the 2203 100 watts and the 2204 50 watts?

Thanks,
Ben
Ben
The difference between the combo and the head is limited only to the cabinet design and stock speakers in the combo. Regarding the electrical side of things, all is the same, but of course they'll never sound the same as you'll never find a cab with the exact same properties/dimensions as the combo.

I'm no expert on the technical details of the 800's, but if I recall correctly the major differences between the 2203 and 2204 were the output transformer and the number of power tubes.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Yep. You certainly would. The only time there would be a real difference, I guess, is if speakers and valve types were different. Take the Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 combo and DSL50 head. I think their power amp valves are different, so they'd have a different tone. I've only played the DSL401, though, so I can't say for certain how different it would be.
Just quick FYI:

You won't get the tone you desire unless you crank it--so don't be dissapointed when you first plug in.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah that's another thing I'm considering right now. It's kinda between those, AC30, and a lot of other stuff. I'm probably gonna jump on whatever pops up.
Ben
Also, don't forget that 50-100W combos are heavy as ****.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.