Just wondered how good the strings stay in tune if using the trem

I want to build a EVH guitar and due to whammy usage I was just curious

If its bad any recomendations?

Cheers
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
they dont stay in tune at all, expect it to be out of tune by at least two semitones every time
sigless
a squier doesn't even really stay in tune without use of the whammy bar...
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
should i try and get a proper fender strat trem then?
Quote by Pinky19
Quote by pavel
a squier doesn't even really stay in tune without use of the whammy bar...

Funny, mine stays in tune quite well...
Quote by Kinderfeld
Funny, mine stays in tune quite well...

mine definately does not. a retune everyone 30 mins is standard, especially when using things like drop c
sigless
Quote by sysD
mine definately does not. a retune everyone 30 mins is standard, especially when using things like drop c

No guitar stays in tune well down tuned heavily without major adjustment, and cheap guitars are even worse about it. Mine stayed in tune alright, but it did have issues until I put a nicer nut on it and locking tuners. I would put looking tuners, graphite nut, and graphite or roller saddles on one if I was going to use the whammy a lot.
The lowest im going to be tuning (well for the tine being any way) is half a step down

Im deffo getting a a new nut and locking tuners
Quote by Pinky19
Eighter a locking trem or no trem is the best solution for tuning stability. More springs will tend to keep things more stable, but less wammyable.
Quote by pavel
a squier doesn't even really stay in tune without use of the whammy bar if you're a noob who doesn't know how to set it up...

fixed.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
+ whatever. ^ except i hardly use the word noob.

yes, with fenders style bridges, ull need to set it up correctly.
even more so with squier or other lower end strats.

but if you want to accomplish EVH moves, you really should look at GOOD floyd bridges.
if you buy a cheap floyd, ull want to toss it out a window.

if you just plain cant afford a good floyd, and want to learn about modding i suggest you buy a guitar routed to fit a good floyd. (squiers arent)
then you can eventually upgrade the bridge.

my suggestion to guys buying a starter, looking to pull off dive bombs, is to either save up more, buy used, or buy a good simple fixed bridge and use a foot pedal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011