How can I achieve a acoustic sound with my electric guitar. I have a Fender Telecaster and a newer Vox Valvetronix, the ones with no EQ. Help?
you can buy an acoustic simulator from boss. i saw a demo online and it sounds pretty great. pricey though
Quote by leeej
you can buy an acoustic simulator from boss. i saw a demo online and it sounds pretty great. pricey though

worth EVERY penny. I have one and its amazing.
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have money to spend at the moment. I have to get the tone with my current rig. Anyone?
switch to the neck pick up and turn the tone down on the guitar to about half, or till be too mudy. turn the treble up on the amp to get a brighter sound and if you have reverb, itll help brighten it up too.
try microphone mode on the amp if it has, or the cleanest model (not boutique clean or the tube sim will make the tone too electric) and pick closer to the bridge, also look ino the fishman powerbridge, thats the best solution but costs money...
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
I have never been able to cop a usable tone out of an acoustic simulator. I'd recommend retrofitting your guitar with a piezo bridge and preamp...it's well worth it. As stated before, the Fishman is quite possibly the best piezo bridge for electric guitars.
or if you have no cash, then dial down ur guitar's volume knob.

also, btw i dont like acoustic sims either.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011