I wanted to ask something. How would you classify these two bands? Because I've been flamed for posting Protest The Hero in the metal forum, but I would consider them metal, so can anyone suggest where they do "belong"?

I've never been flamed for FOT but they have a similar sound so I thought they might be a good band to ask about too.

Thanks.
I would call PTH progressive metalcore. Can't say I've heard much Fall of Troy. Are they a lot like PTH?
We're only strays.
Fall of Troy is post-hardcore, although i've heard it called progressive before. take it to hardcore forum I guess. Haven't heard PTH so idk.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I would call PTH progressive metalcore. Can't say I've heard much Fall of Troy. Are they a lot like PTH?

I'd call them more technical metal or maybe mathcore? I wouldn't say metalcore though as they don't use grunt/singing contrasts, they don't use big breakdowns much and they use Pinch Harmonics pretty sparingly.

And FOT aren't that much like them, I'd call them progressive like others would, but like what thread would they go under? Punk? Metal?
PTH is experimental/progressive metal, and FOT is experimental/progressive hardcore.

basically they're experimental prog bands.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
who cares?
theyre both awesome bands
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Quote by biteme398

Thanks but it illustrates my point everyone's calling them different things. Metalcore, prog, "Genre-defying"...they actually seem semi-accepted in the metal pit cause I've posted their songs in that Hessian Song Game thread and twice people have accepted the songs and once it's been rejected as "not metal".

Quote by BHC zoley
who cares?

I know, but I was wanting to know what thread or genre they belong in on the Bands & Artists area.

And yes they are both immense
Last edited by Heavens_To_Hell at Oct 10, 2007,
I've heard PTH called 'Mathcore'...i have no idea what the hell that is, that just confused me, tho i guess the 'core bit indicates hardcore or something similar so i agree you should take them to the hardcore forum...(maybe...)
PTH goes under the category of amazing. Not sure about FoT.

Does FoT scream/grunt/other "metalcore" styles of "singing"?
Quote by BHC zoley
who cares?

maybe he doesn't want to be flamed for posting in the wrong forum?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion