Ok, I need an octave pedal for an upcoming gig and I wanted some advise on the best one to get?

I was thinking a EHX Octave Multiplexer because it is pretty cheap and EHX have a good reputation

But I have had my eye on a Digitech Whammy and that doesn't just do octaves, it does so much more.

So which of the two should I go for? Or does anybody have any other suggestions?
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Depends....

If your not going to use the pedal alot - go for the cheaper one or something like the Boss OC-2/OC-3. They're very good.

You could invest in the whammy but it seems alot of money to pay for something you wouldn't want to use much.

edit: EHX are VERY good pedals.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Well, if I got the EHX, I would probably only use it the once, because it can ONLY do octaves

The Digitech however, is alot of money, but it does all intervals and just looks far more fun tbh. I would probably use that alot if I got it.

I will have a look at some Boss pedals
My Gear:

the zvex octane III is pretty awesome, but, im sure its out of your budget
I see no sign of fortress.
.....So, if he's looking at an octave multiplexer, he clearly wants an octave down.
That and he's got a Mesa. Nobody with a Mesa eeever used an octavia.
Quote by tabber666
Ok, I need an octave pedal for an upcoming gig and I wanted some advise on the best one to get?

I was thinking a EHX Octave Multiplexer because it is pretty cheap and EHX have a good reputation

But I have had my eye on a Digitech Whammy and that doesn't just do octaves, it does so much more.

So which of the two should I go for? Or does anybody have any other suggestions?

Octavers and the Whammy are very different though. I'd get the Multiplexer or the EHX HOG if you really wanna explore. ZVex make great octavers like the Jonny Octave and the Octane. The MXR Blue Box is also nice.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
totaly get the digitech whammy

i will one day, it just looks and sounds like a sick pedal
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
totaly get the digitech whammy

i will one day, it just looks and sounds like a sick pedal

He is after an octaver though. The Whammy is not an octaver, It does not mix dry signal with wet signal, it only has wet signal and dry signal respectively at a time.

It i s an awesome pedal, granted you know how to use it. If you don't have patience and skill, you'll hate it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Doesn't it have an octave up and octave down setting in the Harmony section?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yep, it does (i love using that setting on mine) bit it only emits the octave down, and then the octave up in the toe down position, so when it is rocked back, it plays the octave down, when you rock it forward, it changes pitch until you hit the octave above what you are playing. It does not integrate the original signal. Essentially, it is a pitch shifting effect, not an octaver as an octaver still includes your original note and and adds FURTHER octaves to it plus it cannot stray from the octave. The Whammy can stray under your guidance and control and play whatever damn note you want it to play.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Well then, mine doesn't do that, and certainly not that smoothly. Probably coz i don't use it for that. i gotta have a look.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Wouldn't make sense to have it in the "harmony" section if it didn't use your original signal, right? Otherwise, it would be redundant, because it's also in the Whammy section.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Rein is right if I'm understanding your argument correctly; In that it plays both the original note and the octave above/below on the harmony setting BUT it cannot play 2 octaves at once which some people may want. Just got the WH4 and a few other bits last night seems really nice but I could imagine some people hating it I don't though
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
The real question should be, the new style EHX Octave Multiplexer, or the old style one.

They're better than the Boss OC-3, and cheaper.
Ok, I want a pedal that I can replicate the sound from Boys Are Back In Town by Thin Lizzy and Whiskey In A Jar.

I know whiskey in a jar is an octave down, so the EFX multiplexer would work for that.

Not sure about Boys Are Back in Town?

So just a pedal that will do both of them, and it goes without saying, I want the original note mixed in with the new one
My Gear:

Quote by Roc8995
.....So, if he's looking at an octave multiplexer, he clearly wants an octave down.
That and he's got a Mesa. Nobody with a Mesa eeever used an octavia.

I do.

Tabber, it sounds like the whammy would probably be right up your alley considering its harmonizer abilities.
Quote by TwoString
I do.

Tabber, it sounds like the whammy would probably be right up your alley considering its harmonizer abilities.

Does the whammy include the original note though? Somebody said it doesn't
My Gear:

Quote by tabber666
Does the whammy include the original note though? Somebody said it doesn't

Harmonizing kinda implies that.

(yes)
Yes obviously, but somebody said it doesn't

Electro Harmonix HOG does the same sort of thing, but that costs loads
My Gear: