Ok so I'm assembling a strat and my pickups arrived today and I am completely confident in my soldering ability, but I'm not sure about some of the instructions on the schematics and have two questions. I scanned the schematic and it is linked at the bottom of the post. My first question is what gauge wire to use for the wiring between the pots? My second question is whether or not the circle on top of the middle pot is a capacitor?

Thanks

My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
Ok, so what is a good website to buy a capacitor? Because musicians friend's are on backorder.

Thanks
My Gear:
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000

Honestly, just go down to your radio shack and find out where the nearest "parts" radio shack is. They'll have a ****load of 'em, just make sure you know what kind to get.
Ok, thanks I'm like 99% sure it is a .1uf capacitor, but if that is wrong someone can correct me. Anyone know if 20 gauge wire is ok?
My Gear:
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000

Guitars don't really require a lot of energy, it's just a computer microphone really, so as long as the wire is like .5 mm in radius, i'd say you're pretty good. (i changed my pickups and audio cables to hookup speakers to a CD player work fine)
radio shack is good for caps, or warmoth parts (online).

you can really use any gauge you'd like, something like 8awg is going to be overkill, but 24awg might be too thin to carry a decent current. i'd use something like 18 or 16, and use quality, shielded cable.

20's acceptable.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
get something like 0.022uF, the smallest one you can. Don't get ceramic disc caps though. stay with poly film. if your local radioshack has'em, get them there. u can order online, but the shipping would get you over the radioshack price. i use 20awg wire on mine, fatter stranded wire means less resistance, so i like it. they stay in place too. somewhere around 18~22awg would be nice for wiring inside a guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
So for a capacitor this
and for wire
this.
My Gear:
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000