So I'm thinking of getting one of these but before I shell out the 600 bucks I'm curious what UG has to say about it. Does it track well? Are the sounds good? Is there a better product out there in the same price range? etc. etc.
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
for some sounds it tracks ok but basically only 8ths notes & nothing faster. It's the pickup that comes with it that's terrible. I had one and traded it in as I mainly wanted to use it for bass but it really was terrible (the pickup). The sounds are fantastic.
Use a dedicated guitar w/built in pups for the job (Godin, Variax, etc) or shell out over $1000.0 for graphtech saddle pups...
The divided pickup that comes with the thing just doesn't cut it and you'll just be frustrated & pissed.

here's a quick demo I made with mine just after I bought it:
http://www.mydatabus.com/public/tavernstuff/jimsGR20demo.mp3
everything except the drum machine is the GR20 on my Ibanez Artcore guitar but there's no guitar 'sound' on it.
i'm just jamming with myself and added parts.
AXON AX-100, way better tracking than the roland. can play 64th notes if you want. same price range. godin guitars are great quality and alot of them have synth access. personally, i use an acs-sa with my axon.
Quote by moody07747
ive heard of the GR20 but not a Roland GK-20.....
typo?

yea typo... its because they call there midi pickups GK and the system GR i always forget which is which

edit: also do i need to buy a midi pickup to use that axon thing?
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
Last edited by !xobile at Oct 11, 2007,