When I'm transcribing songs I can get all the notes. But how am I supposed to figure the out rhythm notation (eighth note, quarter, dotted notes.) Is there any way I can practice this.?

When my band learns song we're just like: "You have to finish this lick by the time I finish this chord." And it leads to timing problems. If I could just transcribe every thing into sheet music we can practice with the metronome, and it will make things a lot easier!
play the lick and count the rhythm along with it
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
When you play there is (hopefully) a beat that you all can follow with your foot. Beating the quarter notes with your foot always helps on timing and rhythm. And if you can play while tapping your foot, that is the same as playing with metronome, so I really don't get your argument about how you can't play with metronome. As with notating the rhythm, just follow your foot and count, keeping track of the first beat. It takes some practice, but rhythmic awareness is probably the most important thing if you are going to play with others.
Use powertab for tabbing out music

And practice/write with a metronome. If you're jamming with your band and you guys can't stay together, get a new drummer
Quote by Lord Jesus
When you play there is (hopefully) a beat that you all can follow with your foot. Beating the quarter notes with your foot always helps on timing and rhythm. And if you can play while tapping your foot, that is the same as playing with metronome, so I really don't get your argument about how you can't play with metronome. As with notating the rhythm, just follow your foot and count, keeping track of the first beat. It takes some practice, but rhythmic awareness is probably the most important thing if you are going to play with others.

unless you're playing dream theater...
Quote by Lord Jesus

we can't play with the metronome because we don't know what kind what note we are playing(eight, quarter,etc). I can figure out even rhythms like all 16th note per beat, but its the the dotted notes, swing notes, tie in notes, and complicated rests that are hard.
The more you do it the easier it gets. You don't need to think about it after a while.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by devilscruffs14
unless you're playing dream theater...

I'm not sure what part of that post you were referring to, but playing complex rhythms requires MORE rhythmic awareness, and you can still tap your foot to dream theater - you just have to know whats goin on.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums