Right everyone here is the situation for you guys.
I bought a marshal JCM2000 DSL 100 a while back. I like the amp and it can give some great tones, but it sin't really what i want from an amp.

So i am planning to seel this head for roughly £300.
I have about £200 saved up so i have to ask the questionl.

Which head is a large output for gigging, is very heavy with heaps of distortion, preferably valve and i can pick up for £300 - £500.

I play music in the style of The Black Dahlia Murder, Necrophagist, Unearth, Bring Me The Horizon and Job For A Cowboy live so the amp would need to measure up to those specs.

Thanks alot!
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
5150/6505
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
5150 or 6505 - great tone and loads of distortion for your style
I'd say try out the Laneys. Peaveys are alright, but lack the clarity I like from my amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I was thinking about an engl but the 100 watt are very expensive amps.

5150 sounds like it is very highly recommended.

What about Randall?
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
i'd try the laneys like baz suggested...

just be careful you aren't downgrading, though. I mean i'd prefer the laneys to that marshall, but something like a valveking is a downgrade from the dsl if you ask me. a dsl is one of the better amps around the £500 mark, to be honest. not the best if you ask me, but you could do a lot worse...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ i know the DSL is a great amp, it just isn't what i need tbh. A 5150 sounds like it is going to be the most likley option for a new head.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
yeah, 5150 would be a good call, but you'll probably have to go used for that...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm, aren't peavey's more expensive over in the UK? I'd look for a laney GH100h or something.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra