I was looking at getting a distortion pedal fr my settup, Im fairly new to this so I was wondering if its common to get a pedal along with the distortion channel on my amp, its hard to get a good distorted sound unless i turn my amp up pretty high
what kind or amp do you have?

EDIT: distortion pedals are usually used over the clean channell
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Boss DS1 might be worth a look, or a DS2 if you'd like some variation in sounds.

Quick questions: what kind of amp do you have, and what kind of music do you play?
DS1's are pretty standard, but that said, means they're pretty generic. Try the Metal Muff w/ Top Boost for a more scooped sound.
Quote by Costanza
Boss MT-2 MetalZone

it works for me

Agreed, I run mine through an overdrive channel and its sounds top notch at low volume and high volume but it might be a bit more gain than your looking for so the clean channel works brilliant as well!
my amp is a fender 212 100watt, nuthin fancy but sounds pretty good overall
What kind of music do you like?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Eh. I don't think a distortion pedal would help too much, but I'd still look into a DS1 or something like that. It's not too expensive, either.