Basicaly I have to have written some sort of composition as a part of my coursework for school, I play both Drums and Bass but I've never really written songs before anyone have any tips on how I should go about doing it?
what kind of thing do you want to write. metal, classical like, country, pop, big shred stuff, etc?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
You're not gonna just sit down and write a song. Mess around with your ideas, have fun with it, find the kind of mood you wanna play in and try things within it...pretty much experiment. You'll start getting pieces and then you gotta make them fit and flow.

Also listen to all your favorites that sound like what you wanna do (a lot) before you start in on it.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Quote by ldnovelo
what kind of thing do you want to write. metal, classical like, country, pop, big shred stuff, etc?

It has to be a piece in memory of a dead musician. I have started on trying to do Cliff Burton but im kind of stuck with it at the moment.
Quote by ripper91
It has to be a piece in memory of a dead musician. I have started on trying to do Cliff Burton but im kind of stuck with it at the moment.

get a guitar and start arpegiating some random chords that sound sad or weird
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI