so im doing this B tech music course. i need some songs for my repertoire list.

i need a few examples of the following styles

-jazz
-folk
-fusion

i basically just need the name of a song, the composer and the difficulty for it (sayif itseasy, medium or hard)

i dont really know any songs from genres like this so i hope you guys could help

cheers!
Ok, well, going with well-known favourites:

Jazz: Dave Brubeck- Take Five
Folk: Bob Dylan- The Times They Are A-Changin'
Fusion: I take it you're referring to jazz fusion?
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Is folk like western kinda lusic? in that case some Johnny Cash - there's plenty of songs by him, usually a medium difficulty.
jazz fusion, well i dont really mind. anything really, shes not gona check up the songs when marking them. i just need a load of songs so i have a wider range- and get a higher mark
Steeleye Span is folk band with some rock thrown in. As for songs, probably Blackjack Davy or King Henry.
Well, some jazz fusion- Donald Byrd- Black Byrd, Miles Davis- Miles Runs The Vodoo Down.

More folk: Johnny Cash, as above said. Woody Guthrie

thanks guys, it would be a help though if you could tell me the difficulty level for the songs.

cheers
Difficulty is relative.

But anyway, the folk are going to be far easier than the jazz...but seriously, how can I help you with difficulty without knowing what you find difficult?

Quote by Child In Time
Difficulty is relative.

But anyway, the folk are going to be far easier than the jazz...but seriously, how can I help you with difficulty without knowing what you find difficult?

...actually, good point.
just choose a difficulty based on what you think. im not going to be playing these songs i just need to fill some space on paper, so it doesnt really matter what i put as long as its something.
You really don't understand my point.

So I'll tell you this:
1. Do your own homework.
2. You're studying music, it should be assumed that you would know something about these genres.

Quote by chiliman14
just choose a difficulty based on what you think. im not going to be playing these songs i just need to fill some space on paper, so it doesnt really matter what i put as long as its something.

So you could put anything and it won't matter. I was going to help you. Now I hate you.
Ok, well, jazz is 'bloody well 'ard!"

Folk is a piece of pish.

Ok? This was lovely.