im a big system of a down fan n im trying to figure out how to get a good soad tone
i have a ibanez 7321 n a boss ds 1 distrotion pedal is there any way thru this i can get a decent soad tone?if not at all any suggestions to how to get it thru effects n such
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Well...what amp do you use? Also, check the ultimate settings thread. That should have something that helps you.
i have a crappy squier amp that ive had for almost 2 years but i plan on getting a line 6 spider 3 mayb 75 watts but im open to suggerstions on amps
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal

smashing pumkins fans=)^
I'll put it simply - don't get that amp. It won't be an improvement at all. You'd just be getting something louder that still sounds crappy. How much would you be willing to spend on an amp?

And...eh. It's going to be hard to get a tone close to SOAD with that setup, but you can try. Like I said, check the ultimate settings thread, and then tweak a little.
im willing to spend up to 350 or 400
and yea ive heard negatives about that amp but i wasnt sure n ive tryed it out a few times n also i shud b upgrading to a new pedal(not sure wat kind)sooner or later
Quote by Allnightmask22

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal

smashing pumkins fans=)^
The amp is more important than a pedal. Definitely. Things that you should look into are:

Roland Cube 30 (60 if you're gigging)
Vox Valvetronix AD30XL

Or, if you're after something that will really last, one of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-v16-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487826

Throw a pedal in front of that, and it should be able to do metal fairly well.

My best advice, though, would be to wait until you have around $600 or so and then go and look for an amp, because I can guarantee that with a bit more money the chances of getting hold of something great that suits what you want go up immensely
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
im willing to spend up to 350 or 400
and yea ive heard negatives about that amp but i wasnt sure n ive tryed it out a few times n also i shud b upgrading to a new pedal(not sure wat kind)sooner or later

how bout one of these

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

waaay better
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
^ - I forgot about that one. It might just cut it without a pedal if the EQ is set right.
Quote by Denthúl
^ - I forgot about that one. It might just cut it without a pedal if the EQ is set right.

yeah dude i seriously regret getting some ss crate instead of one of those i tried a valveking in gc a week later and i was like WTF
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Hehheh. I almost did the same thing. I was going to get a Marshall MG30, but I saw that the Valve Jr. was cheaper at the time and just thought... I could save some money here and get some booze. And I ended up with a great amp that I did not regret purchasing AND I got drunk!