About 2 weeks ago I changed my strings from 8 guage to 10 guage. They were fine until the high E broke so I got some more guage 10 and put them on, they wouldn't tune to E standard so I just played in D standard, Drop C and below for a while.
Today I got some new guage 8 strings again and put them on, now my strings seem to be slipping and they won't tune to standard E.

When I put the guage 10 strings on a while ago they kind of dug into the nut a bit and I think that could be the problem with my guage 8 not tuning properly. The strings keep slipping and I can't tune it to E Standard...

Any ideas on what I should do?
My friend said I would probably need a new nut, is he right?

Thanks a lot.
yeah, if thats what the string damaged, i wouldnt have thought such a small gauge change would have made that much of a difference, but you should adjust the bridge and everything on your guitar when you change string gauges
SG commando

Inserts hilarious quote here
slipping strings (unless all the tuners are slipping which i doubt) is caused by your stringing technique.

refresh you stringing memory here...

http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_electricstandard.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
wow... i went from 9's to 11's and didn't have that problem
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way