i cannot figure out what exact les paul this is, the dotted fret markers are throwing me off.

I bet its a 70's or 80´s vintage but I can't say anything for sure.
My Gear:
  • Fender Stevie Ray Vaughan (SRV) Signature guitar
  • Ibanez Jem 7VWH
  • Ibanez JS1000BP (Satch signature)
  • Marhsall TSL 122 Combo amp
  • T.C. Electronic G-System
  • Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
  • Ibanez Tube Screamer T-808
weird, just having a binded fingerboard with dots makes you question it
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Maybe a fake?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
the headstock does look cheap but the truss rod cover doesnt have 3 screws like fakes..
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by JackalUK
Is it not a Les Paul Junior?

Les paul junior = 1 pickup, flat top, no binding.. etc.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by JackalUK
Is it not a Les Paul Junior?
LP Juniors are completely different to this. For the record, they have no carved top, no binding, just one pickup, one volume and tone control, and a different shapped pickguard to any other LP model.

Anyway. Gibson put dot inlays with bound necks in limited runs on quite a few guitars from the 70's onwards. Even now they still use binding on necks with dot inlays on a few special models. So they're no clue really other than it's a limited run of whatever model it is - in terms of age it could place it at thirty years old, or just six or seven, or even brand new.

Also, there doesn't look to be anything wrong with that headstock.

The binding on the body is the weird part. I've never seen nor heard of Gibson ever doing binding like that. It looks too think and the binding on the body doesn't seem to match the binding on the neck.
I also can't think of any models which have had gold hardware with a finish like that AND which had bound necks with dot inlays.

Looks very suspicious either way. I'd definitely look more into the body though, rather than the neck.
Yea, a rather crap guess by all accounts :P

Anyway, is it possibly a hack job, the body reminds me of a 25/50 series but the colour and flame looks wrong, and the neck could be from any old guitar.

Just a thought, even though I'm probably wrong again
It's a deluxe isn't it? If those are mini humbucker's then its def a deluxe, not sure which one though as there were several deluxe models and i think some may have had dot fretboard markers.
i have no clue...it looks like a real gibson ( the headstock and the body and the truss rod) it could just be a standard w. a changed fretborad or neck even. thats juts my 2cents
Headstock looks fine to me, most fakes have 3 screws.

I would have said it's a LP Special, that would account for the dot inlays, but they don't seem to come in that finish. Perhaps it's an older version.
Quote by Don_Humpador
I would have said it's a LP Special, that would account for the dot inlays, but they don't seem to come in that finish. Perhaps it's an older version.
Like the Junior mentioned above, LP Specials are quite different to any other LP. Again, different top, unique pickguard, and also LP Specials use two P-90 style pickups. It's definitely not a Special from any era.

I'm thinkin' now, it's probably a mod job. It's certainly had something changed anyway - I've had a look through the entire Gibson backcatalog now, and not a single model looks like that one does. Whatever it is, it's been modded.
Quote by MusicManFan
It's a deluxe isn't it? If those are mini humbucker's then its def a deluxe, not sure which one though as there were several deluxe models and i think some may have had dot fretboard markers.

deluxe=mini humbuckers
this lp=fake
but i have reasond to believe its a les paul special with nice humbuckers. of course, modded

(Invalid img)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 11, 2007,
Quote by DieKrupps
the body looks very thin...maybe a thinline model .

thinline stuff is from fender, not gibson(well there are vintage thinlines) but thinline isnt about the thin body, its about having a semi-hollow body
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by Don_Humpador
Headstock looks fine to me, most fakes have 3 screws.

wait...I have a quilt top LP I bought off of musicians friend and it has 3 screws. is that because it's an epi? i'm pretty damn sure it isn't a fake...go look at my gear pics.

i'm confused
Gear
Epiphone Quilt Top Les Paul w/ EMG 81-85
Crate XT120R
Boss TU-3
EHX Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge, DF-7

Myspace