I recently acquired a bit of birthday money so I've decided to splash out on a guitar 'accessory' that I've wanted for a while but haven't had the funds to buy.

Which would you recommend, out of the Digitech Whammy or a set of Bareknuckle Nailbomb pickups for my guitar?

If it should make any difference to my decision, I currently only really play at home, the only gigs I do currently are those at school - which adds up to about 4 a year (basically not very often).

I know that at the end of the day it's my choice, I'd just like to get some other opinions to help me out.

EDIT: If I do opt for the Whammy, I'll still have enough money left over to get a new speaker for my amp, which will most likely be a Celestion V30.
I am not a fan of anything Digitech. Bad sound and poor quality. What kind of guitar and amp do you have, and what kind of music do you play?
I do like the sound of Celestions.
omg i have same problem!

whammy pedals are fun as hell! but new pickups give great sound as ibanez stocks are meh =P
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by uldhppi
I am not a fan of anything Digitech. Bad sound and poor quality. What kind of guitar and amp do you have, and what kind of music do you play?
I do like the sound of Celestions.

Well my rig is in my sig (lolz it rhymes) and I'd say I mostly play modern rock really - sorta bands like Muse, QOTSA, RATM etc. I branch out and play a bit of everything at times, but that's prbobably what I play the most of.
i'd go for the whammy. u can do so much experimentation with it, whereas new pick may only slightly change you tone. depends wot u wanna do, get a great tone or experiment with different sounds and play tom morello solos lol
MY GEAR:

Ibanez S470
Vintage: VRS100
Fender FM100R 100WATT
Marshall: MG30DFX 30WATT
Digitech: RP350
Boss: DS-1
Jim Dunlop: Original Crybaby
Crafter: FX-550EQ
Orange: Mini- Krush

Add My Profile
hey, jus realized same guitar!!! i love it
MY GEAR:

Ibanez S470
Vintage: VRS100
Fender FM100R 100WATT
Marshall: MG30DFX 30WATT
Digitech: RP350
Boss: DS-1
Jim Dunlop: Original Crybaby
Crafter: FX-550EQ
Orange: Mini- Krush

Add My Profile
Sorry sometimes I go blind momentarily. You have a good amp. I'd say go for the pickups. With a good amp you will see a lot of difference.
Yeah, a friend of mine has an S470, and the stock pickups aren't very good (That goes for the RG1570 too, AngerIsAGift06). I advice you to get new pickups first, as they are a constant factor in your tone. Every single note you play will sound better with new pickups, while the Digitech Whammy will be more like something fun to play with from time to time.
I wouldn't get a whammy pedal unless you can get an original WH-1 whammy pedal. If your expecting to get the Tom Morello sound with one of the new ones you'll be disappointed. The new pedals sound very weak compared to the original (which is what Tom and most others famous for using the whammy use).
Quote by GBMan
It's about as loud as a pidgeon being crushed by a chair.

Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Stratocustic
Austin Flametop Deluxe
Regal Acoustic

Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Peavey Rage 158