So, my dad for some reason is begging me to let him buy a guitar(don't ask) for christmas. So i offered to pay half and after a long argument, he accepted. So i have about 350 bucks (USD) so i want a guitar between 600-800 bucks. Here's all the info you need

Brand: i want a Fender strat over anything but anything that you think will fit my needs will be appreciated

Bands: Rage, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, GN'R, Chili Peppers, and incubus. That's the basic general sound i need: very versatile is what I'm going for. It needs to be able to handle high distortion low distortion and very clean cleans.

Budget: like i said about 600-800 bucks

Playing it through: Fender Frontman 100w

Thanks people.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
See what kinda Fender Fat Strat u can get for $800. Maybe change the bridge pickup, and you should be good. maybe save some of that money and buy a simple 5w tube amp. unless ur gigging. but otherwise, a 5w tube will give much better tone. itll be easier to get the sounds u want.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Oct 10, 2007,
the amp sucks, you need a new amp

but if you need a guitar, i would never buy a mexi fender just cause of the 21 frets, i'd replace the neck with a 22 fret one if i did., try getting a highway 1 strat or tele or whatever it is you want, i'd say a strat..

but if i had 6-800 i'd get a schecter C-1 Classic or something of the sort, a used american strat, or a used SG would be good, just look around
get a mexican fender strat (400$) and swap the pickups. thats what i did. i put a seymour duncan hot rail in the bridge, a lace sensor gold in the mid, and a seymour duncan cool rails in the neck. its a freakin metal fender (btw - i also swapped the tuners for locking ones)
and the grand total i paid was about 700$. i think it was worth it.

i also play a wide varity of music, so it should work 4 what you want
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by ibanezguitarkid at Oct 10, 2007,
im playing a 70's re-issue (mexican) strat with lace sensor pickups does clean very well and good distorted tone too!
fender showmaster
sick guitar, i think it has duncans stock
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Chad11491
the amp sucks, you need a new amp

definitely not, it's perfect for me. Awesome range of distortion and a beautiful clean.
Although a new better amp would give me a much better sound, but i got this thing for a lot cheaper than what others sell it for

See what kinda Fender Fat Strat u can get for $800. Maybe change the bridge pickup, and you should be good. maybe save some of that money and buy a simple 5w tube amp. unless ur gigging. but otherwise, a 5w tube will give much better tone. itll be easier to get the sounds u want.

I was thinking in the fat strat territory. What should i change the bridge pickup to, a friend told me seymour duncan is perfect and that would be really good for me but you have anymore suggestions?

No, I'm not gigging and probably won't be for a long while. What amp would you consider?

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
they meant that your amp's tone is bad. you should probably buy a small fender tube amp, and mim fender tele or strat...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
if u liek ur amp, i still think u shoudl try the showmaster
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Pedalboard
So, my dad for some reason is begging me to let him buy a guitar(don't ask) for christmas. So i offered to pay half and after a long argument, he accepted. So i have about 350 bucks (USD) so i want a guitar between 600-800 bucks. Here's all the info you need

Brand: i want a Fender strat over anything but anything that you think will fit my needs will be appreciated

Bands: Rage, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, GN'R, Chili Peppers, and incubus. That's the basic general sound i need: very versatile is what I'm going for. It needs to be able to handle high distortion low distortion and very clean cleans.

Budget: like i said about 600-800 bucks

Playing it through: Fender Frontman 100w

Thanks people.

just throwing this out there, but you've spelled "Mencia" incorrectly in your signature.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Fender Deluxe HSS Strat

Beautiful guitar, I've got one in my local shop in arctic white and it handles anything from Megadeth to RHCP to folk.

how, that looks really cool. I love the black on black thing that it's got going on. I'm definitely going to check that out. Thanks.

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Quote by Pedalboard
how, that looks really cool. I love the black on black thing that it's got going on. I'm definitely going to check that out. Thanks.

I'd suggest against black on black, even on a strat it looks strictly metal.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I'd suggest against black on black, even on a strat it looks strictly metal.

Not to me at all. And even if i don't like it, i can always change the pick guard to white.

What's a 5w tube amp that can give me what i need.

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Quote by Pedalboard
Not to me at all. And even if i don't like it, i can always change the pick guard to white.

What's a 5w tube amp that can give me what i need.

I hope you have pedals.

That little sucker might be pretty loud too, maybe around 30-40 watts solid state? That should be a decent gigging amp for small shows.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I hope you have pedals.

That little sucker might be pretty loud too, maybe around 30-40 watts solid state? That should be a decent gigging amp for small shows.

Isn't that a hybrid amp...

Go for Epiphone Valve Junior or Crate Palomino

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
Isn't that a hybrid amp...

Go for Epiphone Valve Junior or Crate Palomino

What gave you that idea?

The Epi is nice too, not sure about the Palomino.
Dickless.
Because it is. I have tried it.

It only has a tube in preamp. And it doesn't sound very good as well.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.