Poll: Do Lead Singer Bands Make It even a little?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do Lead Singer Bands Make It even a little?
Yes
17 52%
No
1 3%
Depends
15 45%
Voters: 33.
ok me and my friends have been talking about starting a band for a while..Our plan is to have the 3of us, me play guitar, friend 1 drums , and friend 2 vocals and i was wondering do bands with a lead sing that only sings, doesnt play anything become atleast some what succesful?
There a A LOT of bands with singers that just sing. And where's the bass?
Last edited by guitar_freak93 at Oct 10, 2007,
as the guy above said: NO BASS?!
second, how 'n00b' are you. Guns N Roses. only one I can be bothered naming.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
wow......Guns 'N Roses, The Strokes, My Chemical Romance (very successful, not always good tho), RHCP, the Hives, etc.

You do need a bass player tho. try to find one. maybe get ur singer friend on bass, even if hes a bad player overall, as long as he can keep up, hell be OK. but u must have a bass player.
well...you're not going to get a record deal JUST because you have a lead singer...you should probably invest some time in becoming a talented group.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
ever heard of led zeppelin? or ACDC? aerosmith (even though steve plays piano and harmonica) the scorpions, skid row?!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
you need bass

anyway: Black Sabbath, G n' R, MCR, RHCP, Deep Purple, Rage against the Machine, the list is endless.
Quote by psychokiller99
ever heard of led zeppelin? or ACDC? aerosmith (even though steve plays piano and harmonica) the scorpions, skid row?!!

fail
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by Tedrick
fail

does robert plant play guitar or wat?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Queen's lead singer Freddie Mercury that sings for most of their songs (he also plays piano, but only for a few songs). Queen now has a new lead singer (Freddie Mercury is dead), Paul Rogers. He sings and doesn't play any instruments.

Here is a link to a queen song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOdWxf1tRmI
Nope, they all vanish into thin air.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
I would just like to point out, that really there hasnt been much thats new in music for some time now, im not saying music is boring nowdays, but nothing super innovative has been played in a while, what really makes bands these days is the qualities of the singer.
What really makes bands unique would have to be the singer
Quote by lachlandavis
I would just like to point out, that really there hasnt been much thats new in music for some time now, im not saying music is boring nowdays, but nothing super innovative has been played in a while, what really makes bands these days is the qualities of the singer.
What really makes bands unique would have to be the singer

Or a washboard player. Or a noseflute player, Or a bassoon player, ect, ect.
Bands with good singers aren't unusual.
Want a band with a stand-out singer? Daisy Chainsaw, or Queen Adreena. Katie Jane Garside's just crazy, in every sense of the word.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Want a band with a stand-out singer? Daisy Chainsaw, or Queen Adreena. Katie Jane Garside's just crazy, in every sense of the word.

Agreed.
Skunk Anansie's singer is another good example.
Ill add some more successful bands w/ lead singer/frontman... Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Derek Trucks Band, ect.

But i think you should have one of the singers pick up bass or keyboard or something so you can get the bass end of the sound. Your music be a lot fuller.
Thousands of bands with a singer who doesn't play an instrument have probably become successful.
Last edited by werty22 at Oct 11, 2007,
There are a lot of bands that have made it with a lead singer who doesn't play anything. Led Zeppelin, The Doors, AC/DC, The Black Crowes, The Jeff Beck Group, and Lynyrd Skynyrd are some of them. Also, I think you probably should get a bassist to fill out the sound of your band.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton