I've been thinking about buying an SG since i found a good deal on it. I originally intended a les paul. Anyway it says "Gibson SG FADEDWB". Dont know what the last WB stand for. Anyway, it sais the only difference from the normal SG is colour. The stuff im playing is Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Scorpions, Guns n' Roses and similar. Would this guitar work?
The WB standard for Worn brown if i'm correct. Have you looked into the Les paul? Zeppelin and Guns & Roses are known for the use of this shape.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
what was the deal? because I think those go for 600 on guitar center
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
what was the deal? because I think those go for 600 on guitar center

around 600 euros. Thats around 800 dollars i think. Thats the cheapest i found.

And about the first post; those are so expensive here! A faded Les Paul, which was what i intended is 1400 Euros = 2000 USD
the only difference between the faded and the standard is that the fade has about half as much paint, you can see the wood. this makes the guitar half as cheap (dont know why exactly, not complaining) and more resonant, so it sounds much better. i got the faded V in red a while ago, unbelievable guitar
another difference is the neck...the inlays.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by sobeisbull
the only difference between the faded and the standard is that the fade has about half as much paint, you can see the wood. this makes the guitar half as cheap (dont know why exactly, not complaining) and more resonant, so it sounds much better. i got the faded V in red a while ago, unbelievable guitar

It has a different neck and inlays as mentioned. Plus cheaper hardware and lower grade materials. The finish is also a thin nitro finish. the wood is not figured. Actually, there is a lot of difference
Faded SGs are only about $580 on MF. And id get some sort of Epi LP and change the pickups to '57 Classics. would probably give u a deeper tone instead of a thinner tone from a thin SG.