Page 1 of 2
It takes 225 earth days for Venus to orbit around the sun, but it takes 243 days for it to rotate once on its own.

Space never ceases to amase me.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
If you step onto venus you will be crushed to a pulp because the atmosphere is like 20 times the pressure than of earth...
It's also mostly covered by rivers of lava. The average temperature is 463,8 degrees Celsius.

0_0
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Also, while doing this research... Venus is hotter than Mercury, and yet it's twice as far away from the sun.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Dirge Humani
Not to mention the extremely high temperatures and toxic atmosphere...

Of course....
Venus is a better place to live than Birmingham though...
Quote by Dirge Humani
Get this:

Pluto isn't a planet anymore!

i know, Plutos a ****ing sellout

Uranus kept it real
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
Quote by Dirge Humani
Get this:

Get this, right... Mars isn't actually red...it's sort of rusty-brown.

Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Moggan13
If you step onto venus you will be crushed to a pulp because the atmosphere is like 20 times the pressure than of earth...

ronnie coleman wouldnt!
has anyone ever thought about how outside our solar system, there could be a planets with completely differnet laws of physics, completely different chemical build up, completely different senses, stuff that we could never comprehend? i get lost thinking about this stuff all the time
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by Deagle-Eyes
The inhabitants are called women.

Fixed

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
But arn't women from venus?

damn too slow - edit
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Quote by rage6945
has anyone ever thought about how outside our solar system, there could be a planets with completely differnet laws of physics, completely different chemical build up, completely different senses, stuff that we could never comprehend? i get lost thinking about this stuff all the time

only when im bbaked
Quote by Dirge Humani
Get this:

I felt so bad for Pluto when I found out. It's like the little engine that could...except...it just couldn't go on.

Poor Pluto.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
It also spins anti clockwise while every other planet in our solar system spins clock wise.

PSN ID: ArranP
doesn't venus have a gas atmosphere, as in, if you step on it, your stepping on gas? i remember hearing that somewhere and dismissing it as bullshit.
Quote by rage6945

humans that have leaves and dont need to eat

walking trees

or even better

real life dragons
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by rage6945

You should take a look at my Parallel Universes Exist thread. It's hanging about somewhere...

Quote by zapatista89
real life dragons

Sorry man, thats never gonna happen.

Quote by Gunpowder
I felt so bad for Pluto when I found out. It's like the little engine that could...except...it just couldn't go on.

Poor Pluto.

i would sig that but it probably won't fit
Quote by Demon Wolf
It's also mostly covered by rivers of lava. The average temperature is 463,8 degrees Celsius.

0_0

It must be covered in metamorphic rocks... ooooh...
Quote by DR_SH
Whats the deal with pluto now days then?

It was decided that since it was just a rather large mass of ice, it's not good enough to be a planet.

All the other planets were making fun of it. Being so cold is not socially advantageous.

But actually there were new outlines for the definition of a planet agreed upon in 2006, and Pluto didn't fit into the last- "it must have cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit," since its mass was only 0.07 times that of the mass of the other objects in its orbit. It was further resolved that Pluto be classified in the simultaneously created dwarf planet category, and that it act as prototype for a yet-to-be-named category of trans-Neptunian objects, in which it would be separately, but concurrently, classified.

Last edited by Child In Time at Oct 10, 2007,
Quote by Child In Time
It was decided that since it was just a rather large mass of ice, it's not good enough to be a planet.

All the other planets were making fun of it. Being so cold is not socially advantageous.

so what are they calling it now then?
In the last paragraph of my post it says that it's going into "a yet-to-be-named category of trans-Neptunian".

So, er....they don't know.

Quote by Spitz13
doesn't venus have a gas atmosphere, as in, if you step on it, your stepping on gas? i remember hearing that somewhere and dismissing it as bullshit.

Umm that's what an atmosphere is. Gas. But obviously if you stepped on it you'd land on the solid surface. Though you wouldn't know it because you'd be a little bit dead.
Umm that's what an atmosphere is. Gas. But obviously if you stepped on it you'd land on the solid surface. Though you wouldn't know it because you'd be a little bit dead.

yea i remember hearing it in 5th grade, a teacher that said the WHOLE planet was gas, she used the example, if you stepped on it, you would sink as if it were a cloud, i call bs, and never believed it, but never got it confirmed, i guess i understood it wrong, or she had no clue wtf she was talking about.
Quote by Spitz13
yea i remember hearing it in 5th grade, a teacher that said the WHOLE planet was gas, she used the example, if you stepped on it, you would sink as if it were a cloud, i call bs, and never believed it, but never got it confirmed, i guess i understood it wrong, or she had no clue wtf she was talking about.

Venus is mainly solid. Only the Jovian planets - Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune - are gas.
Quote by .smudged.
^ So you can fly through them?

You would get crushed to a pulp by the immense pressure pretty quickly.
oh yeah it was jupiter she was talking about, so in theory if you were so strong it couldn't crush you, you could fly through the planet? whats holding it together if gas dosent have a gravitational pull.
Quote by Spitz13
oh yeah it was jupiter she was talking about, so in theory if you were so strong it couldn't crush you, you could fly through the planet? whats holding it together if gas dosent have a gravitational pull.

They speculate that Jupiter might have a dense, rocky core that's larger than the Earth in size.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Spitz13

?
Gas is still molecules, still mass, with a gravitational pull.
?
Gas is still molecules, still mass, with a gravitational pull.

wait so, if a whole bunch of lets say water was dumped into space, would it like get together form a sphere, and have a gravitational pull and just be like a giant blob of water that orbits the earth? lol, this is fun to think about.. (btw im a nube at this kinda stuff thats why i thought gas wouldn't have gravity..)
Quote by Spitz13
wait so, if a whole bunch of lets say water was dumped into space, would it like get together form a sphere, and have a gravitational pull and just be like a giant blob of water that orbits the earth? lol, this is fun to think about.. (btw im a nube at this kinda stuff thats why i thought gas wouldn't have gravity..)

I guess it could - but it's more likely to be pulled towards some other massive body.
Quote by Spitz13
wait so, if a whole bunch of lets say water was dumped into space, would it like get together form a sphere, and have a gravitational pull and just be like a giant blob of water that orbits the earth?

Yes.
Quote by Spitz13

It would probably freeze, then fall back to earth and kill us all.....

Page 1 of 2