so i wanna major in music in college, but i need to know what all careers are avalable if you major in music. theres private instructor, composer, conductor, arranger, etc, but is there anything else? and does anyone know if you wanna be a private instructor if you need to take any classes about working with children or anything?
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
Quote by Lord-Hypnos
musician

wow, i honestly missed that one
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
you'd be surprised how much money you can make for tv and film score, you should learn how to control mood with your music (major, minor, dim, and usages). danny elfman cant do it all you know.
University Professor... If you study music for 8+ years.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by the_axis
so i wanna major in music in college, but i need to know what all careers are avalable if you major in music. theres private instructor, composer, conductor, arranger, etc, but is there anything else? and does anyone know if you wanna be a private instructor if you need to take any classes about working with children or anything?

no but i need to smoke a lot of dope before i teach...kids get to you after a few years.
luthier
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
How about being a producer? it seems like fun, and theres a place in Florida and probably some other places called Full Sail Real-World Education, i think its a college. They have degrees that allow u to be a producer or some sort of a sound engineer.
Quote by zzany1
no but i need to smoke a lot of dope before i teach...kids get to you after a few years.

I need to smoke a lot of dope.

What?
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
haha, this is like the third music career thread that I've seen on UG lately!

I also started a thread a week or so ago on this topic... because i am in a similar situation as you are...I was referred to Tom Hess' Music Careers Mentoring class that teaches you all abou the music business and the various ways to make money... check this out: http://tomhess.net.29.m6.net/MusicCareer.aspx

I just signed up for this program and waiting to get accepted.

Some guys on this forum are students in that program like mike Phillipov... he's only 20 and already doing cool things to build his career after studing in that program.

This is the thread that i started: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683782

it has some interesting discussion on this topic
Quote by qotsa1998
How about being a producer? it seems like fun, and theres a place in Florida and probably some other places called Full Sail Real-World Education, i think its a college. They have degrees that allow u to be a producer or some sort of a sound engineer.

i live in orlando and full sail is a fantastic school. but INCREDIBLY expensive.
how old are you?
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************