Hey I'm tryin to change my pickguard from my ibanez and cut out a diamond plate one for it. Only problem is I don't know how to get the volume and tone knobs off. Can anybody help me?
they might have a small hole on the side, which has a screw in it. take out the screw. or try to pry it off.
Quote by napalmbrekfast
they're attached to the pickguard though

You mean the pot? Unscrew the nut with either your hands or a wrench.
Just try slipping your pick under it to leverage it off. Its not attached, just tight.
yep... stick something under the knob itself, and pry it up.... than there will be nuts holding the metal piece (pot) onto the pick guard... take the nut off and the pot will come off
I have a broken g400 sg I'm thinkin bout puttin the hums in the ibanez that I'm puttin the new pickguard on. What do you guys think?
I say do it if you have the skills. The G400 has some fairly good pickups compared to the stock GRX ones.
It's not finished, had to stop so I didn't piss off the neighbors, but it should be cool when it's done.

is she your ex because she knocked it over? I know I wouldn't be impressed if someone did that to me.... the scratchplate looks great what are you gonna cut it out with?
I'd break her neck in return. Scratchplate looks awesome.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by napalmbrekfast
My ex knocked it off of a guitar stand and snapped the head off of the neck.

lol I like the taco bell cup on your desk. Dude I'd be pissed if someone snapped the headstock of one of my guitars...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
^ i'd just make them pay for a new one. if they don't, i break something precious to them. their nails or something
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Takin it over to my friend's place on wednesday, he's gonna cut it out with a plasma cutter. So hopefully it'll be done this week.
Sorry it's been so long since I put an update up. Guitar is done but I have some minor set backs now. Been busy with my truck too, some dumb bitch ran a red and totaled it, so I've been dealin with that. Anyways here's an update!

I think the input jack is goin out on it now, or I just messed up installing the humbuckers. Either way I gotta take it into the shop and see what they say and maybe just let them fix it, probably get my sg doctored up while i'm at it too.