It's a Crate Stealth GT-50 50W all tube head. It didn't come with a power cable, is there a specific kind of power cable I should use?

Also is it really headphone compatible? According to this link, it is:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Crate/GT-50+Stealth+Head/10/1

Just CTRL + F to look for "Headphone"

But someone said the opposite on the 2nd page. So I just need to know for sure.

If not, can I use something like a THD attenuator to create a dummy load and then plug my headphone at the back of the attenuator? Or maybe something like a Crate AxeBox?

Thanks in advance
why would u buy an amp head w/out a power cord?? thats not smart. at all. but at least u got a nice head to show off.
You could just look in the back and see if it has a line/phone in... if not, then no it's not compatible with headphones. I'm not sure if that would work, I really don't think it would, but who knows.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by qotsa1998
why would u buy an amp head w/out a power cord?? thats not smart. at all. but at least u got a nice head to show off.

Who cares? he can buy a replacement, its not a big deal. Its not like he has to repair it or anything, just need to plug it in.

and TS, i'm assuming you just need a standard 3 prong power cord.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
You know you can't run that head without a cab? I don't know for sure but I don't think an attenuator allows that. Don't know about dummy loads. Radio Shack probably can get you a cord no problem.
It's the same sort that most desktop computers use, if you've got a spare one of those. Or your old amp might have one if you're not using it anymore.
just find a 1x12 cab or something small
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
At the back it has line out jack and at the front it has aux in jack. I know one of these can be used for computer recording but Im more worried about the headphone bit now. So...will it work?

Sorry I don't know much about power cords, I just need to purchase something that's not going to blow up my amp. I'll check if my computer's got a spare

I know it's stupid to run a head without a cab, I'm saying that I could use an attenuator while the head is connected to the cab, and use the attenuator's headphone out altough I'm not sure if it will actually mute the speakers. Yes a 1x12 cab Im thinking for a cab
Quote by indra13
It's a Crate Stealth GT-50 50W all tube head. It didn't come with a power cable, is there a specific kind of power cable I should use?

Also is it really headphone compatible?

I'd contact Crate with your questions. I'd be surprised if it's headphone compatible. Was this amp used in Australia? My only real concern about the power chord would be if the amp itself is compatible with the Aussie electric system.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The line out jack would be my best guess for recording, but computers are sensitive little machines. Hang on for advice from those UG'ers who record to computer.
It would make sense that the headphone jack should mute the speaker.