Hey guys new here. I'm looking to buy a new guitar for my birthday and was attracted to the Deans.

I definitely don't want a Razorback but I am very attracted to the Dean ML79F. I can't find a single store around me that has it, which means buying it will be on order only.

I have however played a Dean From Hell which was awesome, and was wondering what the ML79F is and whether I should look at that or a Dean FBD ML.

I'm planning to put Swineshead pickups in the guitar either way though. A Venom and a Warthog.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Just out of curiosiy... why do you "definetely" not want a Razorback?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Tried them, didn't like them at all. Might be because of the Dimebucker. Felt a little thin to me.

Plus I've got a budget of £650.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85

Amps -
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
the only big differences ive seen, are the pups, the knobs (traction things on the dimes), the graphics and the name. so basically, its a couple hundred more for a name. if you want to switch out the pups anyways, why not?
True.

Thing is I've got the Swinesheads in mind, which would cost a 100 together, a case, for 59, and the guitar for 450, which comes to £650 itself after taking the setup and fitting of pups into mind.

And I'd be planning to change the pups on the FBD anyway, which means I'd be looking at a bit more.

However, the main thing I was wondering more than anything is which one's better, based on use around here.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85

Amps -
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
erm guys, anything?
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85

Amps -
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
The FBD is the same as the ML79F, is it not? Only with the Dime-ified Kiss sticker, the tribute logo on the headstock and a Dimebucker...

So with your Swineshead plans, the Dimebucker will be a waste of money, and the Dime stickers are a little lame, to be frank. With that out of the way, you'd then have the ML79F.
i play a 79MLF and its a great guitar with great tone and great for just about any style
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Cheers. Anyone got anything else to add?

The main drawback of England is the scarcity of good Deans to try. Almost everything is by order, and not much is in stock at stores.

Either way I'm hoping to get the ML79F.

However, in the long run would it be more advisable to get a Schaller Floyd Rose fitted once I have the money?
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85

Amps -
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live