can anyone explain to me, why certain fans go way to far. It seems like a few select bands, have insane obsessive fans, who are the most loyal in the world. While other bands just make music and have casual fans.

Bands like Rush, Grateful Dead, Mr. Bungle, skinny puppy, Insane Clown Posse, Nine inch nails.

i just dont get it.

anyone take a whack at it for me?
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
All bands have die hard fans, whom are crazy and obsessive and silly.
They just kinda get shoved into the corner by all the casual fans when a band gets famous. Whereas if there's no casual fans its the Crazy's time to shine.
Quote by :Revenga:
All bands have die hard fans, whom are crazy and obsessive and silly.
They just kinda get shoved into the corner by all the casual fans when a band gets famous. Whereas if there's no casual fans its the Crazy's time to shine.
he nailed it right there
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
also gn'r, ac/dc, and usually for the somewhat older fans: springsteen.
weird how that works, i guess it's usually what people are first introduced to (esp. w/ ac/dc)

My mind is going. I can feel it.
All bands have those type of fans, it's just that certain bands are more popular and/or trendy. ICP aren't necessarily "famous," but they're popular, and a bit of a trend if you ask me.

I'm a HUGE fan of black metal. I burn churches and eat raw goat heads for breakfast. ololol

No but seriously, I am a huge black metal fan.
Slipknot has those "maggot" fans the ones that like wear the masks and what not. There pretty out there.
Quote by leftybassdude
can anyone explain to me, why certain fans go way to far. It seems like a few select bands, have insane obsessive fans, who are the most loyal in the world. While other bands just make music and have casual fans.

Bands like Rush, Grateful Dead, Mr. Bungle, skinny puppy, Insane Clown Posse, Nine inch nails.

i just dont get it.

anyone take a whack at it for me?

All I know is that Rush fans and Dead fans might be extremely loyal but they should definately not be put in the same boat as ICP fans.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
kind of like cult movies that spawn a whole scene of music and fashion.

i.e. rocky horror, clockwork orange, etc.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Because Rush is awesome.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
I think you forgot Gwar, I don't think they've ever had a casual fan.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free