is there anyway I can get the chords and tabs for stairway to heaven on the SAME sheet? I tried learning stairway to heaven using the tabs with 3000+ reviews, but i end up just twisting my fingers around trying to play the notes because the chords aren't displayed

then I click on chords for stairway to heaven using the UG search, and it's telling me C D etc. etc. No, it's not C or D because 7 5 5 5, is not a C, or a D.

So then, I downloaded powertab hoping it'd just help me out by giving me the chord to go along with the tabs, but nope, it does me no good because it's just the same tab i originally used, this time displayed with a fancy program.

all i need is something to tell me the correct order of chords ALONG with the tabs, (like plenty of tabs for plenty of songs you find on UG) and I'd be able to play stairway no problem, because it is most certainly an easy song. My terribly right brained head can't figure out what to do with my hands based on the tabs alone.

sorry for the rant, i'm sure someone has encountered this problem before. thank you.
Gear...

Martin DX1K
Fender 50's classic P-Bass
...just write down all the notes and then put them together on one line and you'll have the chord...

ex.
e---------5-
B-------5---
G----5------
D-7---------
A-----------
E-----------

is equal to
e-5
B-5
G-5
D-7

And C and D probably aren't wrong, they just start from the second part rather than from the beginning.

__C_________D
e---------------0----2--------2------------------
B------------------------2------------------------
G------------0-------------3---------------------
D---------2---------0----------------------------
A-0-2-3--------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------

Here's a bit to help you out:
5 7 8 2 0 0 0
5 5 5 3 1 0 1
5 5 5 2 2 0 2
7 6 5 4 3 2 2
X X X X X 2 0
X X X X X 0 X
Last edited by mattvl at Oct 10, 2007,
Um. I really don't know how common sense wouldn't tell you to barre the 5th fret for 7 5 5 5.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
The song is based around the A min pentatonic scales.
After the finger picking intro, it goes into A min played twice then a G chord. Then after playing the finger picking twice a C, D and Fmaj 7chord are used but obviously done in a finger picking matter.

G and Amin

A min7x2, D sus4,D, Dsus 2 and then D.
Oooooooooooo and it makes me wonder

A min7x2, then a F maj 7 shape on the high E string starting on the 7
fret then 4 to the 2nd fret i think.

Think ii have wrote this crorectly, the A min7x2, D sus4,D, Dsus 2 and then D is tottaly rite.
xx7555 is an A minor... which is one of the chords of the song. both the first tab i looked at and the first chording i looked at on UG were correct.