hi guys. when i sweep with my distortion pedal (Digitech Grunge) all the notes seem to join into eachother.. not like a chord but more like ill play too notes and one after another and it just ends up sounding really bad my settings on the pedal are High-\ low-/ and "Grunge"-/ and on my bridge pickup. whats the problem?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
I could be your technique, sweep without using the pedal, if you get the same problems, its you. otherwise, turn down distortion.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
but there is no.. distortion knob...
and i can sweep fine without the pedal
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
oh. hahah! dang. i feel so stupid now.
HAHA i always thought that was like mids
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
the digitech grunge peddle is horrible for sweeping

even if you are sweeping just right it sounds horrible

i say change peddles
i'm switching amps soon. would a 5150 be decent for leads?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
i'm switching amps soon. would a 5150 be decent for leads?

It would, but its still gonna sound bad with that pedal, unless you meen youll just paly straight into the amp.
maybe your playing is just sloppy? no offense or anything, but it is always a possiblility. If anything turn the gain down, but really consider practicing slower. i sweep with my gain all the way up sometimes and it sounds fine. of course a little messier but it doesnt sound bad, in a melodic sense anyway.
why.. the reason i'm getting a 5150 is to used the dist. channel. i'm just thinking will its dist. channel be good for leads too
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
why.. the reason i'm getting a 5150 is to used the dist. channel. i'm just thinking will its dist. channel be good for leads too

It'll do fine
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
There Is No Such Thing As Too Much Gain!!! My Shift Key Just Got Stuck

Ftw!
Up the Punx!
keep the grunge all the way down on that pedal and it sounds exactly like the death metal pedal. The grunge seems to boost your feedback and that's what grunge was big on. lol. But the grunge makes the pedal sound like a cluster**** when playing articulate notes, so keep it totally off.
I just play fake solos with my Grunge pedal. I just manically tap three notes over and over in a Free Bird-esque style until I get tired of it and change my tapping position. It still sounds impressive, and it's easy as takin' a pop squat in the loo.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.