Ok heres the deal..

I just got a super-shweet 1974 musicman sixty-five 4x12 for my birthday and i have no idea how to get the best out of it.

Im using a Japanese '62 reissue Fender Tele
And an MXR distortion plus, a Marshall Echohead and a Boss Graphic Equalizer.

I want to sound somewhere between Albert Hamond Jr (Strokes), Jack White and John Frusciante (quite a strange sound indeed).

Any tips for using my multitude of funky gear/getting a good sound would be useful.. Or just discussing it
Gear:
Fender Telecaster '62 Reissue Japanese
Music Man 410-65 Combo 1974
MXR Distortion+ Pedal
Marshall Echohead Delay Pedal
Boss Graphic EQ Pedal
As far as distortion goes you may not need a pedal with that amp. I think it has a rather gritty solid state preamp which I suspect packs a lot of gain. EQ's are almost always useful especially in the effects loop.
Sweeet, I have a '78 210 130 Music Man. As far as I know, you're one of 3 Music Man ownser son all of UG. Mine has 2 10 inch speakers and even with that I find the amp has alot of low end, so keep all your EQ's with the Bass at about 3-4, and High and Mids above 5 (personal preference). Use the echohead to get a touch of reverb, and only use the Distortion to get any more gain than the amps natural overdrive. If you want any more amp settings I'll need to know some more specs. (1 or 2 channels, Vibrato, ect...)

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Yeah, its got a inbuilt reverb and trem unit with a very retro footswitch..
Theres a photo here.. http://www.pacair.com/mmamps/

Reading from the sheet that came with it from the guy i bought it from..

Music Man 410 Sixty-Five Combo
Groove Tubes, 65 Watts RMS

Im a complete amp idiot so im not sure how to get the best out of it..
My friend said that cranking the volume up and turning master down helps 'drive' the tubes..
Gear:
Fender Telecaster '62 Reissue Japanese
Music Man 410-65 Combo 1974
MXR Distortion+ Pedal
Marshall Echohead Delay Pedal
Boss Graphic EQ Pedal
Your friend it right, think or your first volume as a "Gain" knob. These amps (assuming you have EL-34 tubes) have alot of growl and overdrive when the pre-volume in cranked. Your amp appears to have an identical interface as mine. The reverb is beautiful on it. I'm sorry to say that you might find yourself not using your echohead as much. A touch of vibrato/trem will sparkle up your cleans. I haven't quite found a use for the First Channel yet (I might get a A/B box once I figure out a use for it), so I predominanly use the second inputs. If your playing stuff that reuires switching between clean and dirty, use the MXR aa as your Gain "Channel" over a clean sound, otherwise I'm sure you will be able to find a prefered dirty sound using the MXR and the pre-volume. I will also repeat my point about keeping the EQ with alot less bass unless you are playing Jazz, or have a desired/fixed clean sound, with alot of pre-volume gain and overdrive, the bass will get quite flabby if it is at a high setting. Good luck, and I hope you love your music man as much as I love mine. If you have any future questions, feel free to ask me or FrenchBread.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild