as wel all know the canadain doller has surpassed the american for the first time since the 70s i think. but its actually not a good thing, at least not in nb where most of our indistry is lumber and most of our clients are AMERICAN. yesterday one of the largest lumber and varios wood proccesing plants (the flakeboard in st.stephen) had to cut workers back to 3 shifts a week due to lost profit caused by the recent economy.

this is just an example, most of our clients for almost everyhting around here are american, i think this may get very very bad, relativly soon.

so ug am i right or a raving lunatic?

edit: yes i know i cant spell

Quote by Dirge Humani
Isn't it only like 6/10 of a cent?

Sounds like the company just wanted to fire some people.

very true the managers of that particular plant are kind of a-holish. however if the trend continues it wont be long before others start to do the same and we may end up seing a recession withing the next 5-10 years id expect.
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
Last edited by A.McGee at Oct 10, 2007,
It depends on what type of business you are in.

Oh, and it's dollar, not doller.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
My dad works in the US sometimes, and gets paid in USD, so this isn't too good for him right now.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Isn't it only like 6/10 of a cent?

Sounds like the company just wanted to fire some people.

The canadian dollar is now at the same value as the american dollar.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by A.McGee
as wel all know the canadain doller has surpassed the american for the first time since the 70s i think. but its actually not a good thing, at least not in nb where most of our indistry is lumber and most of our clients are AMERICAN. yesterday one of the largest lumber and varios wood proccesing plants (the flakeboard in st.stephen) had to cut workers back to 3 shifts a week due to lost profit caused by the recent economy.

this is just an example, most of our clients for almost everyhting around here are american, i think this may get very very bad, relativly soon.

so ug am i right or a raving lunatic?

edit: yes i know i cant spell

This is no new discovery...It's the same every time, not just in this situation.

High dollar = Bad for exports, good for imports.

The dollar is going up because the U.S. is going to ****/recession. We're soon to follow.
Quote by Archaon
This is no new discovery...It's the same every time, not just in this situation.

High dollar = Bad for exports, good for imports.

The dollar is going up because the U.S. is going to ****/recession. We're soon to follow.

The Canadian dollar is not going up. The US Dollar is going down.
Quote by zzany1
canadans are so proud of their looly...why?

First of all, it's a Loonie, and it's a lot better then carrying around 200 bills that all look the same. It's very easy to tell the difference between the Loonie and Toonie and unlike the American bills, we don't have a bunch of bills taking up space in our wallets.
Quote by JC13
Someone says this in EVERY thread. The Canadian dollar is doing better, and the American one is going down. It works both ways. (In before bi joke)

True dat.

American: Going down.
Canadian: Going up.
Yeah, I'm still a little curious on what the overall impact the decline of the American economy will have on the rest of the world.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by AngusX
Yeah, I'm still a little curious on what the overall impact the decline of the American economy will have on the rest of the world.

Cheaper bitchez, fo sho'.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by ColdNovembeRain

Do you know what recession means?

What the hell do you think I was saying?
The main issue is canadian retailers are saying that there will be no price decreases on imports from the US for approx. 2 years (atleast in ontario, land of the overtaxed purchases).
Now thats the ugliest damn bong I've ever seen!
Quote by Dimebag22
First of all, it's a Loonie, and it's a lot better then carrying around 200 bills that all look the same. It's very easy to tell the difference between the Loonie and Toonie and unlike the American bills, we don't have a bunch of bills taking up space in our wallets.

they've got numbers, and different people on them.

[though i admit, i like Canadian currency and Euros better, they're pretty]
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain

Yes, which is why the pound is work $2.2 dollars now
Quote by Kutanmoogle
The canadian dollar is now at the same value as the american dollar.

It's worth over 2 cents more now
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
ya but now, we can go to the USA and buy stuff for a lot cheaper.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Are you saying the canadians are to blame for the US dollar being weak? I think your thread title is somewhat misleading, as if the canadian dollar being high is the main reason for the US dollar being weak.
I'm a communist. Really.
Americans were NEVER happy about the value of the Canadian dollar. The Canadian dollar would be worth 5 cents and they would still complain about how high it is. For them to be happy we would have to give them free resources and free money, still they would probably complain about how we're not giving enough.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by unproductive
The main issue is canadian retailers are saying that there will be no price decreases on imports from the US for approx. 2 years (atleast in ontario, land of the overtaxed purchases).

i think that would work against them, though. especially in southern ontario, where its really close to the border. going over means more variety too, and if someone is buying in bulk or expensive stuff, i think its going to be better if they just drive and cross the border.

what these retailers are doing is losing their own customers, imo. although you cant really blame them since its old stock their selling, and they bought when US$1=CDN$1.20
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp