I have a bit of a problem with streaming video to my computer (YouTube, MySpace, Ebaumsworld, etc.)

It loads the whole video quickly, but then when it plays, it lags majorly. Like a 1.5 second freeze every 2-3 of video.

And sometimes my entire starts slowing down a lot. All sound stops, and the mouse studders(sp?) around the screen for about 20-30 seconds, then it stops.

The entire computer stops except the fans in the tower, I have to shut down the computer manually (with the button on the tower) to shut it off. The monitor goes black, my wireless mouse and keyboard shut off, and the speakers stop making any sound.

This is getting worse over time, about 2 months ago, it would only do the half shutdown thing about 1/5 of the time, and never lag.

Now it does it about 7/8 of the time, and it always lags. It's gotten so bad that if a banner/popup is moving (even scrolling through a series of pictures), it lags and eventually shuts down.

Anyone know what could be wrong? I miss YouTube/Ebaums/Break/MySpace
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Please help
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.