I don't know if this is the right forum, but does anyone know what effects Kirk Hammet uses on his solos? Our band is going to be covering Enter Sandman at our next gig (I know, it's overplayed, but it's also their most popular) and I can't figure out his effects.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

Ok, thanks.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

not the right one
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Amp's distortion/overdrive (He has played many different amps)

Tubescreamer (to provide a boost)

Dunlop Crybaby.

Sewriously though, why do you have to have it exact. **** you don't have to sound like a clone when you play a song. Just play the damn song.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by 1010011010
I've heard that he uses those Tonebone tube pedals.
Not sure about that one though.
What I do know is that he uses Mesa/Boogie amps.

I know he was in an ad for one of those tonebone pedals, but I doubt he uses them, but i'm not sure. He also uses a lot of different types of amps (one of which is mesa/boogie). It'll be hard to match his exact tone if you don't have all his gear, just get a good distortion and slap a wah in there and make your own tone.
Quote by IncubusMan999

Sewriously though, why do you have to have it exact. **** you don't have to sound like a clone when you play a song. Just play the damn song.

I want it to sound somewhat similar.
Quote by kidsthesedays

i love tallica but i hate that song
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Quote by Jawkster
dunlop crybaby... cmon that's just so obvious lol...

(I asked )

He actually has said in an interview he hates CryBaby Wahs.
He uses a different sort, but Any half decent Wah should work.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.