Are kustom amps any good? because ive been looking for new amp to get

and ive been through alot of lookin at amps, Line 6 spider valve, Marshall AVT series, B52.. and i found a Kustom '72 coupe guitar combo amp with footswitch that looked like it would get the job done.

any experience with these? is it good, bad?
post your
budget:
styles:
sound you want:
stay away from AVT and spiders (valve suck too)
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

and ive been through alot of lookin at amps, Line 6 spider valve, Marshall AVT series, B52.. and i found a Kustom '72 coupe guitar combo amp with footswitch that looked like it would get the job done.

kustom amps are excellent for budget. they have good speakers and response and etc. but to get a good distortion/effect out of them you really need pedals.

if you like the sound, get it.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by s.r.v.
post your
budget:
styles:
sound you want:
stay away from AVT and spiders (valve suck too)

Have you played one yet? I mean, spider valve.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

how does an amp look like it would get the job done?
the only one of those amps i've heard is the marshall, a buddy of mine has one, and it sounds pretty good. try them all, and then some, pick which one YOU like the best
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
i play metal, death metal, thrash metal, and i indeed will be using a pedal with it

but i dont have a choice to play any of the amps i wanna get.. unfortunately my local guitar store doesnt carry either the AVT series, spider valve, b-52, mesa, or kustom

i have to go in blind for the amp

so the kustom looks good really
16 minutes doesn't warrent a bump. Its a forum, not a chat room. I've personally never played kustoms or spider valves. I know, however, that a few tubes in a digital amp won't make that much of a difference. its marketing. Tubes aren't a magical tone gift from god. have you looked at the peavey windsor? lots of gain there. Try reading harmony central reviews, and watch every youtube video you can find on the amps. its best to play them, but second best would be extensively listening to them
alright true oh and i didnt know about the bump thing, its just that ive had several threads die before and bumping was the only way to get some responces
I have a Kustom coupe 36. I did quite a bit of research before buying it. I got tired of seeing all the made in china ones and these are made here. Probably from chinese components but what you gonna do. I do really like the way it sounds I was using a pedal with it for a while but found it sounds way better without one. The lead channel distortion is really nice. The rythym side I use as more of a clean, it doesnt have a true clean channel. You can just turn the gain down on it. But it wont be very clean with alot of input applied to it. I really like the tone knob on the reverb you can turn the reverb up to thicken your sound without sounding like your in a bathtub. As for a death metal amp I dont know if it would be the way to go. I mean it sounds really good playin sabbath. But I didnt like the way it sounded with the extra distortion pedal. I does have plenty of distortion and has a bright setting. And when you boost your signal going in it sounds really good. I have a 83 strat elite with emg 81/85s and I really like how it sounds and will shake the windows in the house at gain of 9 and vol of 4. You would be best to try one I think thats the only real way to find what your looking for. Just have to take your time maybe make a trip somewhere to try different amps. I am thinking of getting a external speaker cab for it as it will run one.
that was something i needed to know about it, thanks alot tackleberry

yeah ill try it out, because a good clean channel is pretty important for me so ill see what that sounds like somehow
I know its tough finding an amp sometimes. I was just lucky the store near me was a dealer for the Kustoms. Im gonna be looking for something else soon. Ill keep the other and run em at the same time. Or try building my own. Ive been doing alot of research into tube amps. Alot harder than building guitars I imagine. And Im already a member of lefties unite.