I'm looking for a white bass electric guitar....$200 max limit...an amp with it is a plus but this person I'm looking this up for has a cheap, crappy bass amp already.

I am on guitar an drums and not bass so i don't know much about these.
any suggestions before the end of the night would be helpful
why does it need to be white?
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

a 200 dollar limit is pretty tough for a bass. I think you limit yourself to squiers and low end deans. Good luck. You might be able to find a cheap used white P bass somewhere.
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
its a b-day gift for my sisters friend...she wants a white bass.........
and yea i know both white and 200 are large limits for a bass and amp

MF has this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-Bass-Package?sku=519296

but added $70 shipping is too much....
we are going to head over to guitar center in a few days to see what they have.
Ibanez GSR 200... There should be an option for one on the first (Most left) image icon.

Ya, but why the white?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by moody07747
great choice, better than mine
no amp but not a huge problem for now

best to get a nice bass guitar first IMO and upgrade the amp later
Why in the world would you do that? A **** bass sounds decent through a good amp, but an amazing bass will always sounds like **** through a bad amp. Your giving yourself more pain if you upgrade the bass first.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by AboveTheBridge
Why in the world would you do that? A **** bass sounds decent through a good amp, but an amazing bass will always sounds like **** through a bad amp. Your giving yourself more pain if you upgrade the bass first.

she has an ok amp....its just missing some parts
her bass guitar is non-existent though...shes playing someone elses for now.

she can always go on ebay after a few months and get a used bass amp for better price as soon as she gets a few months of practice under the belt
If you are just looking for a bass alone, I'd concur on the Ibanez GSR200 or a Squier. However, they have quite different necks and bodies, so you may want to sneak her in for a "oh gee look a music shop!" visit to see which one she finds more comfortable to play.

About half of the female bass players I know gravitate to Ibanez because of the thinner, faster necks.
Just wanted to thank everyone how posted with advice.
It looks like we are sticking with the Ibanez GSR200 bass alone.

The price is right and an amp can be gotten later on down the road.
I'm not sure what they are planning on using this bass for (home use, small band, small gigs)
but all of those will set the required wattage of a new bass amp when she does get one.
Ibanez makes solid basses, even their starter basses are near the top of their price range. I think you made a good choice, and I hope she likes it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by moody07747
Just wanted to thank everyone how posted with advice.
It looks like we are sticking with the Ibanez GSR200 bass alone.

The price is right and an amp can be gotten later on down the road.
I'm not sure what they are planning on using this bass for (home use, small band, small gigs)
but all of those will set the required wattage of a new bass amp when she does get one.

Good choice and tell her she needs come and join us on the Bass forums; we could always use another dose of estrogen around here!
Funny story. when i bought my gsr 200 there was a white bass for under 200 dollars: a B.C. Rich bronze. Well, calling it white isn't really accurate. It was more like an off eggshell white, like it'd been around alot of cigarette smoke. I normally wouldn't spare it a second glance but I couldn't look away. It was like horrible train wreck. Come to think of it, that story is actually very sad. But, your friend should enjoy the Ibanez. Good feel, light weight, a solid starter bass. by no means the best bass I've laid my hands on, but it should get the job done for her.
Quote by tubab0y
Real bassists play with their penis.

Wait, that came out wrong...

Quote by watchingmefall
I can always become gay

Thanks for the offer Raul, but I like you and the rest of the guys just fine the way you are right now..

Vive la difference, as they say in French.
Buying a bass for your sister's friend's b-day? You must really want to get into her pants.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Buying a bass for your sister's friend's b-day? You must really want to get into her pants.

That's what I was thinking!
$200 is a lot for some action...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
ibanez basses are heaps good. the gsr200 is a sweet bass, i had a go of one in the shop a few days ago and they are really top notch basses. good choice