Page 1 of 2
Hi, i want to know from some of you that have lost some weight, is it easier, or harder than it looks?

And What are the best foods to eat?

And any other things to know about it would be helpful too. thanks!
Camilla Choads.
as a wrestler, the easiest way to lose weight is to eat less than you usually do, eat healthier foods, and run a lot
join a sport

i took football 3 hours a day for 5 days a week

lost 15 punds of fat and gained about 15 punds of muscle
ur mom yeh thats right

Originally Posted by Sean-Man
ok i got a riddle, if my balls are on your chin, wheres my penis?

my gear:
schecter diamond series gryphon, line6 spider 3 75watt
And while you guys are answering his question, I got one of my own:

I run every morning and do 50 pushups and 100 situps every day. I'm trying to go from 210 to 180 by the end of the school year. Will this do it or should I be doing a lot more. I don't really care about bulking up, but I would like a six-pack by the end of the year, if that's even possible. I'm 6'2", so I'm not like EPIC fat, but I could stand to lose some weight.
Diet and exercise. Join a sports team.. playing sports is the best way to get exercise.

For food eat more fruits and vegetables, do not eat any junk foods, no soda.

It takes a long time to loose weight, it has to be more of a lifestyle change than anything.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

do track or cross country
distance running really helps
but eat right, and make sure you work off what you eat
dont forget to do a combination of strength training (helps metablosim) and cardio, to be in good shape
even if you cant bench a ton, just do what you feel will help
if you have any more questions you can PM me
Balance your calorie intake with the amount of activity you do. The reason people gain weight (fat) is because they're taking in too many calories and aren't burning them off.

3,500 calories = 1 lb. of fat

So yeah. I learned that in health. Just, do that, and eat healthier foods. Fruits and vegetables, lean meats, don't eat as much sodium or red meats. Stuff like that.
Quote by knollenberg
join a sport

you didn't lose weight then
i say just eat healthier/less, and excersize a bit more, for example when you playing guitar, pretend you're playing infront of 10000 ppl, and jump around and stuff
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
My friend use to drink a pint of water before he ate so didn't have to eat so much to fill himself, he lost a s**t load of weight without having to alter his diet too drastically.
Quote by martywalsh
My friend use to drink a pint of water before he ate so didn't have to eat so much to fill himself, he lost a s**t load of weight without having to alter his diet too drastically.

Nice
Camilla Choads.
I was 230 at the beginning of the summer of last year, and right now am about 177. All I did was eat less (I was eating way more than I needed to), get some exercise when I could, usually sit ups and crunches and stuff like that in my room. It wasn't that hard for me, but I suspect part of it was that I have a slightly higher metabolism, but I was just eating too much. Cut that out, plus some exercise, and it worked for me.
Quote by martywalsh

Nice indeed. I joined the Ultimate Frisbee Club thing at my school, and I'm getting plenty of exercise. Also, I lost weight and gained muscle in Weight Training, which I took last year (maybe it was because of playing basketball every couple of days)
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
i run 2 miles everyday
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Quote by knollenberg
join a sport

I'm also in football and I find the results completely different. 3 hours for 5days, plus saturday games. But I find I lose more weight in the off season. Lifting weights is how I lose weight. I find I gain weight during the football season.
MAD STACKS
yeah, curbing your appetite is a pretty big thing. Learning to control how much food you eat is important. Drinking water 15 minutes before you eat is a good strategy. But with that you'll have to do some for of cardio exercise. I always hated running, it is pretty much the bane of my existence. Cycling is an easy alternative, taking up a school sport or a local community sports team, such as rowing. If you play any band instruments and your school has a marching band, depending on the band it can be very intense as well. I currently do marching band and I'm also taking up swimming. I like to walk wherever I can and stuff.

I'm still trying to lose the belly, the bulk of it is gone. Now it's just the last bit of belly fat now. I'm going to audition for the seattle cascades drum corps for this year, and I'm going to do boys swimming for the winter. So hopefully by the time school ends I'll be in tip top shape.
My friend managed to lose like 15 pounds in two weeks from just running almost every day. Stop or drink less pop. I've pretty much gave up pop for tea and water and when I do drink it its much more satisfying.
I'm having trouble. I'm trying to tone up, burn the love handles off, etc, but I don't have time or resources to work out alot or go on some epic diet (I work at fucking McDonalds). I'm not fat, but I'm soft, un-tone, and out of shape. Whats a good way to lose weight, get fit, without major lifestyle changes? It's not that I wouldn't LOVE to have a better diet and get excercise every day, but I can't. I have a full time job, school, and the rest of life to deal with. I was thinking something along the lines of eating less, getting salads at work, and walking whenever I can, but I don't know how well that will work considering I'm more looking to tone up rather than lose weight.
Its dedication and knowledge.

If you're not 100% committed to transforming your body you won't make it.

You're not looking for a diet, your looking for a new way of life.

No soda, VERY little candy/junk food, a balanced diet of carbs/protein/fats and a membership to the local gym would help a lot.
Quote by CowboyUp
I'm having trouble. I'm trying to tone up, burn the love handles off, etc, but I don't have time or resources to work out alot or go on some epic diet (I work at fucking McDonalds). I'm not fat, but I'm soft, un-tone, and out of shape. Whats a good way to lose weight, get fit, without major lifestyle changes? It's not that I wouldn't LOVE to have a better diet and get excercise every day, but I can't. I have a full time job, school, and the rest of life to deal with. I was thinking something along the lines of eating less, getting salads at work, and walking whenever I can, but I don't know how well that will work considering I'm more looking to tone up rather than lose weight.

try doing like push-ups and sit-ups before you go to bed
You want to lose weight, stop drinking soda, stop eating junk food (candies, chocolate, chips, whatever), don't eat much before going to bed, don't eat crap between meals and if you feel like eating something all of a sudden, drink a few glasses of water. Believe me, if you do this, without even doing any extra exercises, you'll lose at least 20 pounds within the next 2 months and your weight will continue to drop with time. Though don't quit eating/drinking them all together, like you could take one small glass of soda or a chocolate bar or something once every month or so like special occasions or something. The reason why you should do this is because if you completely quit them and lose a lot of weight and then start eating/drinking some every once in a while, since your body ain't used to them anymore, you'll probably gain weight.

Also be motivated to do it. If you're not, you'll be back to your old lifestyle within two weeks. Also if you want to burn some more, do more exercise. You'd be surprised how doing push ups, sit ups, jumping rope and free squats actually work if you give yourself some time of your day to do it, like before going to bed.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by Ranxston
You want to lose weight, stop drinking soda, stop eating junk food (candies, chocolate, chips, whatever), don't eat much before going to bed, don't eat crap between meals and if you feel like eating something all of a sudden, drink a few glasses of water. Believe me, if you do this, without even doing any extra exercises, you'll lose at least 20 pounds within the next 2 months and your weight will continue to drop with time. Though don't quit eating/drinking them all together, like you could take one small glass of soda or a chocolate bar or something once every month or so like special occasions or something. The reason why you should do this is because if you completely quit them and lose a lot of weight and then start eating/drinking some every once in a while, since your body ain't used to them anymore, you'll probably gain weight.

Also be motivated to do it. If you're not, you'll be back to your old lifestyle within two weeks. Also if you want to burn some more, do more exercise. You'd be surprised how doing push ups, sit ups, jumping rope and free squats actually work if you give yourself some time of your day to do it, like before going to bed.

While a change in diet is important, exercise is just as important in order to keep the metabolism high and for overall health. I know everyone is looking for the easy way to get a hot body but its tough work

Quote by wtfwasthat
try doing like push-ups and sit-ups before you go to bed

That won't do anything. Maybe burn 100 calories?
Even if it did burn only 100 calories, its still more exercise than what he does all day. So its worth it if he doesn't have the resources or time to go to the gym.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by Copius
And while you guys are answering his question, I got one of my own:

I run every morning and do 50 pushups and 100 situps every day. I'm trying to go from 210 to 180 by the end of the school year. Will this do it or should I be doing a lot more. I don't really care about bulking up, but I would like a six-pack by the end of the year, if that's even possible. I'm 6'2", so I'm not like EPIC fat, but I could stand to lose some weight.

Depends how much you run.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

It really depends on how dedicated you are. If you keep falling off the wagon then it's gonna take longer. It's hard to start off, but it keeps getting easier and easier...
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
How hard it is depends on your body type and genetics, but regardless it is possible.

The MOST important thing is your diet, and sticking to that diet.

You should eat small meals every 3-4 hours, coming out to about 5-6 meals per day. Your meals should consist of unprocessed foods. Get lots of protein from fish, chicken, and turkey. Get carbs from sources such as whole grain breads and green veggies. Get fats from flax seed oil.

You should work out at least 3 times per week and do cardio 3-4 times per week. Your cardio should consist of 30-45 minutes of running, jogging, or biking at your target heart rate. It is not crucial, but best if you do your cardio FIRST thing in the morning as soon as you wake up and before eating.

Take mutliitamins, drink lots of water, and dont buy into the supplements scams.

Any other questions feel free to ask!
Search HIIT on google. Its the best routine for losing weight.
Real eyes realise real lies.
For the love of god, check this out:
http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/
Completely free, no registration, no strings-attatched, just a video journal of a guy going from chubby to 6packs in 16 weeks, shows exactly how he did it.
I love it, I've been doing excercises that he does here and there (every other day if I can) and it really does make a difference. Check it out, seriously.
Aside from that, I've just been eating a lot more fruit for snacks opposed to junk food, and going out for walks or runs now and then.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
I think most weight-loss plans these days put too much focus on the diet and not enough on the exercise. I mean how much weight you gain/lose is a simple matter of calories in minus calories used, but people in this time tend to not get alot of exercise. I eat tons of crap, but I run cross country so I'm able to use it all up pretty fast. But what do I know about losing weight, I've been a skinny bastard my whole life.
Quote by Brain245
I think most weight-loss plans these days put too much focus on the diet and not enough on the exercise. I mean how much weight you gain/lose is a simple matter of calories in minus calories used, but people in this time tend to not get alot of exercise. I eat tons of crap, but I run cross country so I'm able to use it all up pretty fast. But what do I know about losing weight, I've been a skinny bastard my whole life.

Diet is the most important part of exercising.

Try to get from skinny, to big muscles using your current diet of junk food, its impossible.
Quote by Doofag

Try to get from skinny, to big muscles using your current diet of junk food, its impossible.

Amen brother
Quote by Doofag

my bad, replied twice
Quote by Stupified
I run 4.
Gg.

I run 8
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Miggy01
I run 8

I don't stop running.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by martywalsh

HE IS A ****ING GENIUS!! but i think that if i did that....i would get hungry every 1.5 hour. As it is right now im hungry every 3 hours but i eat every 5.

Doing a sport in school is the solution and you (well i did) can eat all you want. Once i started college, i started eating **** and gained 20lb.
2 summers later(this past june) I started to go to the gym again. I went for 2 hours, 4 days, for 3 months and i got all my muscle back. now i went back to school 7:30am till 7:30pm and my faces i quickly getting rounder and rounder haha

I guess the only time to get in shape is the summer.

Good luck. And do it while you can.

Oh I guess I was kind of vague about what i meant when i eat "alot of crap." I just meant that I eat alot of food, not necessarily junk food. I do eat some junk food though. And really big muscles arent used a whole lot in distance running except sort of in the legs, so I don't really need that.

So yeah, theres nothing wrong with eating a ton of balanced food as long as you excercise it out.
Be sure to remember you can not gain strength and cut weight at the same time. It is just not possible. When you run, you burn fat as well as calories from other body parts, such as muscles. If you are wanting to get strong, you must first gain strength (preferably through powerlifting) then cut weight at a later date.
Kill your MySpace, get a Virb
Page 1 of 2