Or parlour tricks for our friends across the pond. Share yours! I'm talking about things like ripping telephone books in half to juggling to card tricks. Anything to lighten the atmosphere of a social setting. Get to work!
uh? i have no idea wat ur talking about.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by GibsonRocker14
uh? i have no idea wat ur talking about.

Same.....
Camilla Choads.
The phonebook trick usually impresses folks.

I don't know too many parlor tricks, though.

...make a rabbit disappear?

There's a good way to trick people though...it's a pretty cool little test. It goes like this.

(Get the person to say things as fast as possible with no reaction time)

Trickster: Spell SPOT.

Trickee: S-P-O-T.

Trickster: What does a car do at a green light?

Trickee: STOP!

Works 9/10 times. Sounds lame, but it's quite fun to get people with

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being..."

~ C.G. Jung
I used to bust out a harmonica occasionally but I suck at it and mine broke.

I'd like to buy some of those light up thumb things though, they're pretty easy to use and somehow impress people.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tScm-eZInBE
i blew some people's minds this way
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
I pull my penis out, tie a string to it, and put on a play.
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
Ask a dumb blonde how to say burrito in spanish. We do it at school and when it works its pretty funny.
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
a good one:

You will need

license or other id (laminated)

2 shot glasses

Water

Some sort of alcohol

THE SETUP

Simpy fill both shot glasses with the water and the alcohol (lets say wiskey)

what you do is bet anyone (bet a drink or something under $10) that you can get both liquids in the other shot glass without using your mouth, another glass, etc.

(get a hook for a bet)

then, all you have to do is put the wiskey glass on the bar, place the laminated card on top of the water glass (holding the card so the water does not leak) then flip the glass and rest it on the wiskey glass.

All you do now is collect you bets as you watch the wiskey get pushed into the top glass and the water (being lighter than the wiskey) get pushed into the wiskey glass by rushing air. Always get a free drink that way
try this joke..... how do fit an elephant into a subway?

answer: take the S out of sub and the F out of way;

they respond there's no F in way. hahah its funny
A bottle of water and a ketchup packet is needed for this one.

Drop the ketchup packet in, and screw the cap back on. Keep one hand on the bottle, and use the other hand to go up and down with the packet. It will look like you're controlling the packet.

The trick is to apply a slight amount of pressure with one han and release to make the packet go up and down. I believe there's a demonstration on youtube.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I can juggle.
Pretty well if I do say so myself.
I can do different tricks
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by first_aid
a good one:

You will need

license or other id (laminated)

2 shot glasses

Water

Some sort of alcohol

THE SETUP

Simpy fill both shot glasses with the water and the alcohol (lets say wiskey)

what you do is bet anyone (bet a drink or something under $10) that you can get both liquids in the other shot glass without using your mouth, another glass, etc.

(get a hook for a bet)

then, all you have to do is put the wiskey glass on the bar, place the laminated card on top of the water glass (holding the card so the water does not leak) then flip the glass and rest it on the wiskey glass.

All you do now is collect you bets as you watch the wiskey get pushed into the top glass and the water (being lighter than the wiskey) get pushed into the wiskey glass by rushing air. Always get a free drink that way

you can do that also by putting a piece of paper in between the 2 shotglasses and keep it there while they swap (helps sucker some people in because they think the paper will stop the flow)
Quote by Miggy01
I can juggle.
Pretty well if I do say so myself.
I can do different tricks

I can too.

7 balls/5 clubs FTW

It was my hobby before I started playing guitar...
Quote by zombie_monster
I can too.

7 balls/5 clubs FTW

It was my hobby before I started playing guitar...

Yeah one summer I was taking tennis lessons and it rained, so instead our instructor took us inside and taught us to juggle.

I was the only one who could do it.
I then proceeded to learn most of these tricks that summer
http://didier.arlabosse.free.fr/balles/english/figures.html

Never tried 7 though, or had access to clubs.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I mainly do card/mentalism stuff.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by ThroughtheHaze
I pull my penis out, tie a string to it, and put on a play.

+1
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
A simple trick involving billiards.

First, take any 3 balls and place in a 3 ball pyramid in the middle of the far wall (can be hard to setup on some tables) placing one ball atop the bottom 2.

Then place any ball at the break line and make a bet that you can hit the top ball before hitting the other two. Simply give the ball a hard enough tap that it'll just make it's way to the other end of the table and right before connection is made, bang your hand on the table.

The 2 balls will give away and the top fall to make connection with the ball you have just shot. Works great to get for quick cash with dumb people, but careful you dont get your asskicked.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
The ripping a telephone book in half doesn't actually require too much strength, what you need to do is, whilst holding it in preparation for ripping, twist your hands slightly to make a slight kink in the pages, this creates a weak point allowing you to appear like the hulk. You do need a little bit of brute force but it is very doable.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Quote by bart munch
The ripping a telephone book in half doesn't actually require too much strength, what you need to do is, whilst holding it in preparation for ripping, twist your hands slightly to make a slight kink in the pages, this creates a weak point allowing you to appear like the hulk. You do need a little bit of brute force but it is very doable.

I think they know that, hence why it's in the 'Parlor Tricks' thread and not some 'Feat of Strength' thread.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by HaKattack
I think they know that, hence why it's in the 'Parlor Tricks' thread and not some 'Feat of Strength' thread.

Nobody knows anything until I tell them, didn't you get the memo?
also I think the threadstarter used it as an example without saying how it's done. But then I am old and can't keep up with the latest trends you crazy kids get up to, with your Rubiks cubes and whatnot.
Quote by bart munch
Nobody knows anything until I tell them, didn't you get the memo?
also I think the threadstarter used it as an example without saying how it's done. But then I am old and can't keep up with the latest trends you crazy kids get up to, with your Rubiks cubes and whatnot.

what an idiot....

this whole thread is pretty stupid. altho, I must say the penis puppet was amusing
Quote by heartion
what an idiot....

this whole thread is pretty stupid. altho, I must say the penis puppet was amusing

Good call, pertinent point, well on topic, you hit the nail on the head, everyone in your neighbourhood must call you mastermind, thank you for enlightening us with your wisdom, we'd be lost without you. We should all get down on bended knee and thank the good Lord Jesus that you were sent amongst us. If not for you we'd be wallowing in the dank pit of ignorance. In short, you be the man.

I just wanted to provide you with examples of that thing we call sarcasm.