So i dont have a strat, out of all my 20some guitars, i have no basic strats. I either want a really cheap squier, or some other knockoff brand so i can sand off the logo and have it blank, because thats just what i do, dont give me crap about "Omgzz just buyz a f3nderrr". Id like it to be old and ratty so i can beat it up and make it look neat. Hardware doesnt matter as im going to replace everything in it with active pickups anyways because i came across a 3 singlecoil active set that just sounds amazing and i want to put them in something. its GOOTTTAAAA be a solid-body guitar. Its gotta have a standard fender sized pickgaurd so i can take the old one off and put some stupid looking color on it. I really like a maple neck.... AND its gotta have a 2-point tremolo, because i have a sick kahler trim to fit it with when i get it. any ideas?

recap:

Strat body, standard fender size.
Maple neck
two-point tremolo
SOLID body (preferably not agathis)

Ive looked at some old fernandes, and they seem very nice. Also an old Kay guitar. I was on the verge of buying an SX strat at a pawnshop until i took the cover off and it was a nasty plywood body. yuck.
Well, I think the cheap squiers have 6 point. I'd look at highway 1, I think that they have 2 point trems.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
If you're looking at that Kay, make sure you REALLY look at it. Those old things are notorious for having terrible Neck sets, and being made with extremely low grade materials. Not good at all.
highway 1's have 6 point trems.... i think it might be kinda tough to find a cheap axe with a 2 point trem.
Quote by gwitersnamps
Well, I think the cheap squiers have 6 point. I'd look at highway 1, I think that they have 2 point trems.

They do.
I think you could retro fit that **** though
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Classic player 60's have two point trems, excellent sound and great quality, custom shop spec's-check 'em out
Quote by LP Addict
So i dont have a strat, out of all my 20some guitars, i have no basic strats. I either want a really cheap squier, or some other knockoff brand so i can sand off the logo and have it blank, because thats just what i do, dont give me crap about "Omgzz just buyz a f3nderrr". Id like it to be old and ratty so i can beat it up and make it look neat. Hardware doesnt matter as im going to replace everything in it with active pickups anyways because i came across a 3 singlecoil active set that just sounds amazing and i want to put them in something. its GOOTTTAAAA be a solid-body guitar. Its gotta have a standard fender sized pickgaurd so i can take the old one off and put some stupid looking color on it. I really like a maple neck.... AND its gotta have a 2-point tremolo, because i have a sick kahler trim to fit it with when i get it. any ideas?

recap:

Strat body, standard fender size.
Maple neck
two-point tremolo
SOLID body (preferably not agathis)

Ive looked at some old fernandes, and they seem very nice. Also an old Kay guitar. I was on the verge of buying an SX strat at a pawnshop until i took the cover off and it was a nasty plywood body. yuck.

^
I guess thats y ur user is LP addict.......
How bout get a MIA strat?they're pretty good
U should ask in the stratocaster lovers thread........all the fender strat experts are there
I say get the CP50/60 its a great guitar to begin with, 2-point trem (probably the cheapist 2-point your gunna find) REAL playable neck on the 50s, one of the most comfortable as said by alot of people, not just me.

But you wanna ruin it and sand the logo off......