14-Year-Old MARILYN MANSON Fan Shoots Four, Kills Self At Cleveland High School

Page 1 of 8
The Associated Press reports that a 14-year-old suspended student, wearing a black MARILYN MANSON concert shirt, black jeans and black-painted finger nails, opened fire in his downtown high school Wednesday, wounding four people as terrified schoolmates hid in closets and bathrooms and huddled under laboratory desks. He then killed himself.

A fellow student at SuccessTech Academy alternative school said Asa H. Coon, who was suspended for fighting two days earlier, had made threats in front of students and teachers last week.

"He's crazy. He threatened to blow up our school. He threatened to stab everybody," Doneisha LeVert said. "We didn't think nothing of it."

Coon was armed with two .38 caliber revolvers, and police found a duffel bag stocked with ammunition and three knives in a bathroom, officials said. Parents were angry that firearms got into a school equipped with metal detectors that students said were intermittently used.

Officials said two teachers and two students were shot, and that a 14-year-old girl fell and hurt her knee while running out of the school.

Read more from The Associated Press.

How is Manson responsible for all this crap anyways? First Columbine and now this......what does UG think of this trick the media has of attacking artists whenever they try to avoid the real issues which are family problems, drug problems etc(IMO of course)?
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
what a revelation. these kids just want attention.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
I know it;'s tragic and meand and I SHOULDN@T laugh, and it really is horrfyinh...excetpt:

"and that a 14-year-old girl fell and hurt her knee while running out of the school."

OH NOOES!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
so why is the fact he's a marilyn manson fan important.

lots of non-screwed up people like marilyn manson. i liek marilyn manson, but i would never kill a person.

people need to grow up and accept maybe it's

A. the parent's fault

B. the kid was just a nutjob
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
I think the media focusses on stuff like videogames and music, because it doesn't want to tell people they're **** parents and thier children are morons. If i kid kills himself due to games, drugs, music then good it means we lost a moron.
Blame the music, not the parents and individual.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Wow he didnt kill anyone either wat a n00b
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
It's a press selling trick. By making it look like Manson is to blame, it looks more shocking and the story is even more shocking (i.e. more overprotective parents will want to read on, and thus buy the paper).

Honestly, they ought to realize that it's impossible to tell what's the cause and what's the reaction. They mean that the music caused the lifestyle, but anyone who has a properly working brain will be able to understand that the lifestyle causes the music. I.e. the guy didn't turn into a killer because he listened to Marilyn Manson, but people in that kind of mindset often listen to that kind of music, and even if the music was removed from society, the mindset would keep on living.
I'm a communist. Really.
ugh, just the media magnifying something unimportant (manson), to make the big picture seem worse.
-Gear-
- Jasmine by takamine acoustic
...that's it
I doubt its Manson's fault, unless he puts "Kill everyone at your school" in his songs. There is obviously something wrong in the kids mind that made him do this horrible thing.

Manson should NOT be blamed for this, or for Columbine
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
A have a friend who wears AC-DC shorts sometimes though he hates the band, so what a person wears is irrevelant. That sucks that he did that, though.

Anybody know what happened with the kid who beat up the hobo and blamed it on GTA? His mom said he was blaming video games for the lulz because he'd never played video games.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Quote by slappymoe66
Why did they report on a girl who fell and scraped her knee?

cause she skinned it pretty bad man
Why do they bother mentioning he's a manson fan? I love Manson's music and art, doesn't mean I'd go kill kids at my school.

It's just so much easier to blame media than it is to blame yourselves.

Ancient people didn't need movies, video games or violent music to go kill each other.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Insane, frustrated attention ***** goths listen to Marilyn Manson, Marilyn Manson doesn't turn people into raving lunatics.
Dickless.
*Counting the days until humans become extinct*
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
What if he was wearing a shirt with his high school on it?

Would the press blame the high school?

I don't know, but all this is just stupid selling crap
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Its obviously not the music or video game industries fault for this incident.

It is the fault of the schools who do not take threats seriously. This kid was mentally unstable, and obviously needed some help, and he wasn't given it.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
It didn't seem like the article was blaming Manson; it just mentioned the shooter was wearing a Manson shirt, no big deal, just simple journalism; establishing an image.

That being said, I agree Manson will feel some more backlash, nothing new to him. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that it's more likely disturbed and disenchanted people will listen to aggressive, angry music; it IS unreasonable, however, to say that listening to aggressive, angry music makes you disturbed and disenchanted.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by Firenze
*Counting the days until humans become extinct*

well if ou're wating for n00bs that can't even get headshots to do it you're gonna be waiting a LONG ****ING TIME
Quote by SorrowIsMe

A fellow student at SuccessTech Academy alternative school said Asa H. Coon, who was suspended for fighting two days earlier, had made threats in front of students and teachers last week.

"He's crazy. He threatened to blow up our school. He threatened to stab everybody," Doneisha LeVert said. "We didn't think nothing of it."

with a name like that, id probably go crazy too.

joking. kind of.

still, they just had to make sure everyone knew he was wearing a manson shirt. because of course that had something to do with him shooting at people.
Quote by meh!
I know it;'s tragic and meand and I SHOULDN@T laugh, and it really is horrfyinh...excetpt:

"and that a 14-year-old girl fell and hurt her knee while running out of the school."

OH NOOES!

It is tragic, but you shouldn't feel bad. I find it hilarious but appalling that they would even mention that along with 2 teachers and 2 students being shot.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
That is retarded. If i could ask a question to the press it would be "did Manson kill people, shot kids or had any part in this? if so, how?" I bet there would be no answer
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Manson doesn't turn people crazy, crazy people like manson. Thats like saying because most older people like older music, its the music making them old. Well, now im gonna listen to Dream Theater and become awesome at guitar.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Well maybe she twisted her knee joint or something like that...
drugs are more likely to kill you than anyone else, and i blame society as a whole in terms of outside influence
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by powerpiker
Well hes a fagget.

whoa whoa whoa

you are SO reported for that

how can you even say something like that? the kid was obviously confused and angry. there is absolutely no reason to call him any names
Quote by misfitsdisciple
Its obviously not the music or video game industries fault for this incident.

It is the fault of the schools who do not take threats seriously. This kid was mentally unstable, and obviously needed some help, and he wasn't given it.
+1

There was something at my school last year, where a kid threatened to blow up the school. The school kicked him out and he got mental help.

I doubt it was just a skinned knee. She probably twisted it, and broke it. Or something like that
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Look guys. You're all kidding around but that scraped knee can hurt, a lot. She could have gotten an infection or something... quit joking around it's not funny.
Quote by meh!
well if ou're wating for n00bs that can't even get headshots to do it you're gonna be waiting a LONG ****ING TIME

Yeah but I'm severely pissed off at my girlfriend and I'm dreaming of vile, vile things.

Its 5.05am...adieu =P
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Thornography
Look guys. You're all kidding around but that scraped knee can hurt, a lot.

"We didn't think nothing of it." (double negative)

Asa H. Coon (weird name)

Doneisha LeVert (weird name)

SuccessTech Academy alternative school (alternative school eh)

a school equipped with metal detectors that students said were intermittently used (my school just has buzzers on the doors)

wearing a black MARILYN MANSON concert shirt, black jeans and black-painted finger nails (sounds like a homicidal goth kid with ****ty parents)

Doesn't sound like he was mentally stable in the first place. People who advertise their anti social behavior probably should be taken a little more seriously.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
It's OBVIOUSLY Marilyn Manson. I mean everyone I know who listens to Manson is insane. A couple shoot random people for fun too. Completely Manson's fault.
Quote by SorrowIsMe

A fellow student at SuccessTech Academy alternative school said Asa H. Coon, who was

Coon was armed with two .38 caliber revolvers, and police found a duffel bag stocked with ammunition and three knives in a bathroom, officials said. Parents were angry that firearms got into a school equipped with metal detectors that students said were intermittently used.

Officials said two teachers and two students were shot, and that a 14-year-old girl fell and hurt her knee while running out of the school.

Read more from The Associated Press.

Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I find it funny when people say Manson didn't tell the kids to kill and hurt people, when Manson did indeed trick these kids to murder and rape and injure people. To think otherwise is just damn stupid and a complete contradictory to history. It's ignorant.

Talking, of course, about Charles Manson.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.