Well always with a new guitar when those little scratches appear its like "OMG"... but usually, you get used to them as long as your guitar still sounds amazing, however, i've noticed something odd about this scratch, it's a tiny hairline scratch.... but the weird thing is I can't feel a scratch when i rub my finger over it, could the wood have possibly been cracked under the finish?

Can this affect the sound of the guitar?

Should I worry about this, or am I just overreacting to a scratch on a new guitar? ><.
overreacting, although idk wtf youre talking about. You mean like a clearcoat scratch? or is it a paint scratch that u cant feel?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
could be an imperfection in the paint under the clear coat.

unless it spreads with guitar movement, grows, is in the neck pocket or other critical spot, i wouldnt worry about it.

well actually i might worry about it, but i worry about everything.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by kool98769
overreacting, although idk wtf youre talking about. You mean like a clearcoat scratch? or is it a paint scratch that u cant feel?

Well im not sure on how the painting coats of a guitar go... I didnt even think about that there could be a clear coat... But There is a scratch... I can see it, I can't feel it... and it doesent look like its on the outermost layer of the guitar... I am worried that possibly the wood under the finish has cracked ( im not sure if this can happen).
Quote by jj1565
could be an imperfection in the paint under the clear coat.

unless it spreads with guitar movement, grows, is in the neck pocket or other critical spot, i wouldnt worry about it.

well actually i might worry about it, but i worry about everything.

It's on the back of the body, towards the bottom of the guitar.
how long is it? what type of guitar? does it go with the grain? can u see ur guitar's grain?

just wondering.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by kaossurge
It's on the back of the body, towards the bottom of the guitar.

hit it with a hammer, and see if it breaks off. Just kidding.
Prolly just a paint scratch, or an imperfection under the clear coat
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by jj1565
how long is it? what type of guitar? does it go with the grain? can u see ur guitar's grain?

just wondering.

It's about 2 inches straight, than makes like a curvy kind of pattern... around 5 inches total. However it is extremely thin, you have to have your eye on the guitar to actually notice it.
Guitar is a RG2EX1, and the grain is not visible.
well, dont obsess about it. take note of it. check it from time to time.
i've had real cracks never budge even after years of use.

ur's is in the body, not in the neck or on a thin edge. im guessing it's a solid body guitar?
and doesnt run into a cavity?

anyway, if it's not making a tone difference, i wouldnt worry. (for real this time)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
well, dont obsess about it. take note of it. check it from time to time.
i've had real cracks never budge even after years of use.

ur's is in the body, not in the neck or on a thin edge. im guessing it's a solid body guitar?
and doesnt run into a cavity?

anyway, if it's not making a tone difference, i wouldnt worry. (for real this time)

Yes, it is a solid body, and does not run into a cavity.
well i guess, it's just adding charm.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62