Page 1 of 3
How is "White people can't jump" considered OK and a joke, but "Black people can't swim" immediately regarded as rascism and discrimination? I've always wondered this...
Quote by yawn
Lol, looks like someone got upset over the internet. HOW CUTE!

>_>

I know what you mean TS. When people talk of racism, they never mention the racist views black people have against whites, only the other way around.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Because white people weren't enslaved for hundreds of years.

Everyone's "stepping on eggshells" now, since black people were so discriminated against in the past, that any recollection of that time is immediately regarded as a racist view (i.e., any lowering of a black person's stature), whereas whites were not discriminated against, so there is no tense time that white discrimination recalls.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Hellraiser33
...I've always wondered this...

And you always will.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Gunpowder

Everyone's "stepping on eggshells" now, since black people were so discriminated against in the past, that any recollection of that time is immediately regarded as a racist view (i.e., any lowering of a black person's stature), whereas whites were not discriminated against, so there is no tense time that white discrimination recalls.

So having your ancestors enslaved justifies racism against the race of those whose ancestors enslaved?

And whites were enslaved by Egyptians.
Quote by Gunpowder

Were and still are. There will always be slaves.
The point is that you can't say anything without looking over your shoulder anymore. If someone was to make a joke involving white people, I wouldn't be offended since there is no intent to offend, it's only a joke. That's when its blown out of proportion: when people take offence where offence is not intended.
I dunno, but me and my friend came to a conclusion why black people can't swim.

Instead of swimming in swimming pools, they jump over them!
Quote by Hellraiser33
So having your ancestors enslaved justifies racism against the race of those whose ancestors enslaved?

And whites were enslaved by Egyptians.

I'm not defending it. I'm simply stating how it is. That's how a lot of people think.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder

Yeah, this man speaks the truth. Obviously, it shouldn't be that way. Both should either be unacceptable or both should be acceptable.

It is true that white people were wrong for enslaving the blacks, black people living today should not get the advantage in society. If they had lived through the slavery themselves, then fine, but now, it almost seems that they're taking advantage of the fact that their ancestors were enslaved...

Even though, tbh, its not really a problem on their part. White people are treating it the same way, as though they have to take responsibility for the wrongs that their ancestors commited.
yeah, the other day in history, we were put in groups to think of issues that needed adressing. this group of black kids came up with "Black people shouldn't have to pay taxes" because they have had to work so hard to become citiezens and treated equal. It's like "omg exactly and now you are to be treated equal, thefore you must pay taxes like everyone else, now sit down and shut yer trap"
Quote by Gunpowder

Actually, at one point or another, almost every single race that's around today has been enslaved.

And, the blacks did not have it the worst. So, don't use that argument.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by zombie_monster

Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Actually, at one point or another, almost every single race that's around today has been enslaved.

Aye. Jews were massacred, I don't see them complaining.
Quote by zombie_monster

Wow. That's horrible.

Not because of the racism, but because it was so unfunny, it was negatively funny.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

But Black slavery occurred closest to the "modern" time, so a lot of people still feel as if they need to "atone" for the deeds of their ancestors.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by blakkin
Yeah, this man speaks the truth. Obviously, it shouldn't be that way. Both should either be unacceptable or both should be acceptable.

It is true that white people were wrong for enslaving the blacks, black people living today should not get the advantage in society. If they had lived through the slavery themselves, then fine, but now, it almost seems that they're taking advantage of the fact that their ancestors were enslaved...

Even though, tbh, its not really a problem on their part. White people are treating it the same way, as though they have to take responsibility for the wrongs that their ancestors commited.

Yeah, that. Justifying the present by bringing up your ancestry is pretty illogical.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Hellraiser33
How is "White people can't jump" considered OK and a joke, but "Black people can't swim" immediately regarded as rascism and discrimination? I've always wondered this...

Are you STILL mad about that thread?

It is an OK joke, but the context you used it in was not OK.

You were saying that Black people were not human and gave various reasons such as they can't swim.
Quote by Doofag
Are you STILL mad about that thread?

It is an OK joke, but the context you used it in was not OK.

You were saying that Black people were not human and gave various reasons such as they can't swim.

Lolz. Find the quote that says "Black people were not human"
Quote by Hellraiser33
Aye. Jews were massacred, I don't see them complaining.

Actually, my Jewish friend constantly brings that stuff up. I once mentioned that there were Christians in the Holocaust. He said that the Christians "all died fast" and the Jews were put in camps because they "Suffer funnier"

Seriously, wtf?
Quote by Gunpowder
But Black slavery occurred closest to the "modern" time, so a lot of people still feel as if they need to "atone" for the deeds of their ancestors.

No. They just see an opportunity to take advantage of "affirmative action."

Keep in mind that the previous statement is not directed at all blacks, just the assholes.

^Your friend is an idiot. Smack him for me.

Jews suffered horribly in Ancient Egypt, by the way.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by thewho65
Actually, my Jewish friend constantly brings that stuff up. I once mentioned that there were Christians in the Holocaust. He said that the Christians "all died fast" and the Jews were put in camps because they "Suffer funnier"

Seriously, wtf?

I think he's pretty much being racist to himself there.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
I think African-Americans should thank Caucasians, to be honest... without our generosity of bringing them over to America, where would they be now?

In Africa. The world's fly-infested **** hole.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
^yes, now they just do my taxes like good little Jews

Just keeeding

On a more serious note, I've wondered this too. How come a black guy can call me a cracker but I can't call him a ******? I don't find that fair. Another thing I don't understand is how any time a white person beats up a black person it's turned into a race issue and a matter of discrimination, but if a black person beats up a white person the white person deserved it because they provoked it in some way. It's like this thing I saw on t.v. a while back. 6 black kids had beaten a white kid nearly to death and now Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are in that town crying for equal rights and having black power rallies in the streets because they feel it's injust that the six black kids, who brutally assaulted one white kid, were tried as adults (the kids are 16-17 years old). They feel 6 white kids who assaulted one black kid the same way would not be tried as adults. I think that's bull****, it's almost exactly like racism. They want to be treated equally until it comes to something like the justice system. On the subject of black power rallies, how come those are labelled civil rights rallies etc. but if I get my white friends together to discuss how injust the black people are, it's a white power rally and we're being racists and it should not be allowed? They cry for equality under the constitution/charter of rights and they get it and politicians and society in general bend over backwards trying to give it to them and they still want more. The whole situation kinda makes me mad.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Quote by ManWithoutAHat

Just keeeding

On a more serious note, I've wondered this too. How come a black guy can call me a cracker but I can't call him a ******? I don't find that fair. Another thing I don't understand is how any time a white person beats up a black person it's turned into a race issue and a matter of discrimination, but if a black person beats up a white person the white person deserved it because they provoked it in some way. It's like this thing I saw on t.v. a while back. 6 black kids had beaten a white kid nearly to death and now Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are in that town crying for equal rights and having black power rallies in the streets because they feel it's injust that the six black kids, who brutally assaulted one white kid, were tried as adults (the kids are 16-17 years old). They feel 6 white kids who assaulted one black kid the same way would not be tried as adults. I think that's bull****, it's almost exactly like racism. They want to be treated equally until it comes to something like the justice system. On the subject of black power rallies, how come those are labelled civil rights rallies etc. but if I get my white friends together to discuss how injust the black people are, it's a white power rally and we're being racists and it should not be allowed? They cry for equality under the constitution/charter of rights and they get it and politicians and society in general bend over backwards trying to give it to them and they still want more. The whole situation kinda makes me mad.

+10

Wanting equality is understandable and reasonable but asking for special treatment is bull****.
I'm white and I can't jump. I know black people that can swim.

It's not to say black people can't swim because its not true

It's ok to say that white people can't jump because it's tue

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ZedLeppy
I think African-Americans should thank Caucasians, to be honest... without our generosity of bringing them over to America, where would they be now?

In Africa. The world's fly-infested **** hole.

+10 as well. We gave them the whole world. First of all we put them in America, second of all we freed them from slavery, third we gave them equal rights, all out of pure generosity and and now they want MORE?
Quote by element4433
I'm white and I can't jump. I know black people that can swim.

It's not to say black people can't swim because its not true

It's ok to say that white people can't jump because it's tue

*cough* white basketball players.
Does anyone remember a little while back when the National Negro Association (I think that's their title) tried to sue for the 200-300 years of American slavery? What state was that?
because of the fact that white people had black people as slaves, that makes any white joke ok, but any black joke racist and offensive.

welcome to our generation. have a nice life.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
This reminds me of arguing over why it's alright for women to hit men, but not the other way round :|

Quote by ManWithoutAHat

Just keeeding

It isn't fair, and its stupid, as I commented earlier.

~blakkin
Well, "white people can't jump" is hardly a malicious statement.
Does anyone seriously find that racist?
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Has anyone played any GTA games?

Black people are the only ones who can swim!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Well, "white people can't jump" is hardly a malicious statement.
Does anyone seriously find that racist?

I highly doubt it. I think that SOME black people like to throw around the word racist with their ancestry backing it up to gain an advantage. Its bull ****. No one in the present is responsible for what happened with slavery, unless its the KKK, shut the hell up.

EDIT: That last part was directed at you
Quote by Hellraiser33
1. So having your ancestors enslaved justifies racism against the race of those whose ancestors enslaved?

2. And whites were enslaved by Egyptians.

1. Yes.
2. They were Jews.
Quote by ManWithoutAHat

Just keeeding

True; if a white people come togehter like that they're somehow the ****in KKK.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Page 1 of 3