i was wundering if a Fender Stratocaster was a good guitar to play blues and classic rock like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC and Some Eric Clapton.

If so what is a good kind if there is diffrent kinds of stratocasters.

I can pay as much as $700 for it plz reply
Well are AC/DC and old Eric Clapton/Cream were done on Gibsons and other HB equipped guitars. And Jimmy Page is famous for his low slung les paul. But surprisingly fenders were used by zep in some songs, notably a telecaster for the stairway to heaven solo. But i would think that a gibbo or perhaps a fat strat would suit you. A fat strat is one which has a humbucker in the bridge instead of a single coil. Sometimes it is able to be coil tapped so you can also play with a single coil bridge
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
eric clapton plays a strat, and on the first one or two albums jimmy page played one two, their awesome guitars for what you want, they can range from like $150 to over $2700.
me and my dad play a fender strat its a good guitar my dad playes a lot of blues and classic rock and it works just fine
Truthfully an SG would be much better, but that doesn't mean a Strat couldn't come close enough. I have both and I recommend that you eventually get both as well as some others (335, Les Paul) just because no matter how versatile a guitar is it doesn't do everything as well. If you are thinking of a Strat go for it, for they are a must have guitar. Later on you can add to your collection.
Quote by pedaler466
i was wundering if a Fender Stratocaster was a good guitar to play blues and classic rock like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC and Some Eric Clapton.

If so what is a good kind if there is diffrent kinds of stratocasters.

I can pay as much as $700 for it plz reply

epiphone les paul standard. with left over money get a pup change and someone to do the jimmy page style wiring. VERSATILITY!