one of my favorites, i was just wondering about what you guys think about them, considering i usually have opposing views with most in this forum. but i think charlie and the gang are amazing, and just as good now as back in the 70's. best song would have to be Riot.
I used to love the UK Subs.

Quote by askingforit176
just as good now as back in the 70's.

This simply isn't true. Harper is great, but his backing band is absolutely sh*te.

D beat drums, metallica tatoos and hi gain guitar amps. Not punk.
I have really got to get with the whole 77 British punk scene.

For the most part, my Punk experience has been rooted mainly in American stuff...

I mean obviously I love the Clash, and the Buzzcocks, and the Pistols, and the Damned (I rly lurve the Damned)

But ****... There's so much more to that whole movement.

I've recently gotten into the Ruts (thanks Hank) and re discovered my love for the Vibrators. I've also been getting my Sham 69 on alot as well...

What I'm trying to say is,

I'll look into the Subs a little more...
U.K Subs are pretty damn awesome. Charlie is a nice guy as well, I had the pleasure of meeting him last Halloween.
did you know that most of their albums titles spell out the alphabet?

for example:

Another Kind of Blues (1979)
Brand New Age (1980)
Crash Course (1980)
Diminished Responsibility (1981)
Endangered Species (1982)
Flood of Lies (1983)
Gross Out USA (1984)

and it keeps going
Got a stranglehold on me, got a stranglehold on me, got a stranglehold on me, dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun.
Uk Subs are great but I agree with BrianApocalypse that the new backing band sucks.

Iluvpowerchords if you wanna here more 77 uk bands check these guys out too. You may have already heard them already but these guys don't get enough respect for the great tunes they made.

Eater
Menace
The Nosebleeds('I ain't been too music school' is like one of my fave punk songs ever)
ATV
Wire (Pink Flag era)
The Boys
My mates band supported Menace but we got chucked out of the venue before we could see them. Which was a ****.

Their gig coming up is an original line up one though, which me pa says will still be ****, but oh well.
Quote by indestructible8
did you know that most of their albums titles spell out the alphabet?

for example:

Another Kind of Blues (1979)
Brand New Age (1980)
Crash Course (1980)
Diminished Responsibility (1981)
Endangered Species (1982)
Flood of Lies (1983)
Gross Out USA (1984)

and it keeps going

Yes, Charlie had originally planned to have an album begin with each letter of the alphabet. He still has a ways to go.
The only album of theirs that I like is Diminished Responsibility.

And that is a very, very good album.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
They're alright. Actually I almost saw them last weekend but I saw Municipal Waste instead for like ten bucks cheaper
"If a body catch a body comin' through the rye."
They're playing here on Saturday.

I'm probably going to go see The Martyr Index instead, even though I've seen TMI like a bajillion times.
the reason why i like the UK Subs a lot, is because they're very old skool, they seem to have more of A rock n roll sound to em than other punk bands. (with the exception of there later work of course)
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
One of my all time favorite bands. I've seen Charlie with about 4 different lineups behind him, and its always been good. Haven't seen the new lineup. Last time I saw them, it was the original members minus the drummer. Awesome show.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
I went to their show last night but got bored and left before they played.

Also I hadn't slept the night before, was loading up on coffee all day, and was about to crash.

Oh well. I wasted $15 on cover and $10 on crappy american pilsner. Now I'm broke.
Does that mean that you, too, were dissapointed, disillusioned even, felt betrayed, by Harper's new choice of lineup?

The drummer was worst, the guitarist second worst, and the bassist third worst.

Charlie was fantastic, but the rest of the band, and the sound system, weren't.