I'm not even sure of Pearl Jam's guitarists name, and I know a lot of diff. guitarists. This just goes to show he must not be mentioned often, and I'm wondering why? Intro's like "Yellow Ledbetter" and the rhythm of "Daughter" are pretty damn genius, plus the guy can solo like a madman. So why doesn't anyone ever mention him?
Mike McCready, and yes, he is a really good guitarist. He tries too hard to be Jimi Hendrix though, and I'm not a big fan of Pearl Jam.
? I've never seen him try to be Hendrix , He's awesome as is Jerry Cantrell and Kim Thail from Soundgarden , "grunge" guitarist are pretty damn good with the exception of Cobain. Listen to
Say Hello To Heaven from Temple Of Dog , Mcready and Chris Cornell , Beautiful!
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
? I've never seen him try to be Hendrix , He's awesome as is Jerry Cantrell and Kim Thail from Soundgarden , "grunge" guitarist are pretty damn good with the exception of Cobain. Listen to
Say Hello To Heaven from Temple Of Dog , Mcready and Chris Cornell , Beautiful!

I grew up with '90s Grunge and you can't introduce me to anything I've never heard before. I own Temple of the Dog and listen to it every day. But as much as I love that era, I can't claim that any of the guitarists were amazing. From a songwriting aspect they were really, really good, but Jerry Cantrell is the only one who, to me, was unique. Kim Thayil was okay, but, his solos are awful, and Mike McCready does sound like he is trying to be Hendrix. His whole sound and style is extremely reminiscent of good old Jimi, and that is a huge compliment coming from me. It means he is a great guitarist.