I just saw a commercial for the news about "how organic baby food can help you on the move."

Can anyone explain to me what the news has come to?
Good point.

Some current affairs shows are just plain ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLExEmedtw
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
yea i'm a journalism major.

all the media are ****ed right now. it's awful. a really good book for everyone to read is "a free and responsible press" based on the findings of the huchins commission in the 40's. it's really applicable to the crappy state of the news media of today.

(and it's not just fox. ALL the news media are crap. look at the new york times for crying out loud. they are supposed to be the best paper in the nation, the role model for all the others. pitiful.)
Only thing organic baby food can help you move is your bowels
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
Only thing organic baby food can help you move is your bowels

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

FOX has actually defended its right to alter and distort the news to make it more entertaining in US courts, and gotten away with it.

So yeah, things are ****ed. I think ultimately this will be the downfall of democracy. Misinformation
It wasn't even FOX. I forgot which news it was, and I'm to lazy to find out right now.
Quote by Griff_Kid
It's the most deadly thing in the world, and you may be having it for dinner. We'll tell you what it is, tonight at 11.

hahahaha after dinner lol
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

Media sucks. Why do you think i'm thinking of joining the Police Force when i finish college and not continuing my Media education by going Uni and getting an Honours degree in Media?
Media thrives on Lies.
But still...I might go uni in a few years though...and get that Honours...
Yeah I agree, there's alot of crap in the news today. No wonder kids don't follow up in the news. I read the headlines and sigh way too often.

Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
FOX has actually defended its right to alter and distort the news to make it more entertaining in US courts, and gotten away with it.

So yeah, things are ****ed. I think ultimately this will be the downfall of democracy. Misinformation

Er...? Tell me it's not true
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I refuse to watch the news anymore. Especially after the big fuss over Paris Hilton going to jail thing.
Mainstream journalism is dying a death because now it is big business and will continue to reflect the wishes of its owners or sponsors or politically motivated directors, blogging whilst mostly crap seems to be the only hope for an independent news source. The general populace will be the journalists of the future.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
I love watching GMTV headlines when Victoria Beckham's new hairstyle gets mentioned before any event in the war. Bless them. I try my best to keep on top of what's happening, but to be honest I couldn't give two shits about 80% of what we have thrown at us in a can labelled 'news'. Do I need to know about Britney's custody battle? No. Do I need to know that a state in America has produced the world's biggest flan? No, not really.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I've sadly started paying more attention to what comes up on the Nintendo Wii news channel than the TV news channels.
Quote by blackflag49
Another good book, if anyone wants look into stuff like this, is What Liberal Media? by Eric Alterman. Really opens your eyes, to how crooked and incompetent people in the media are.

The Bush team initially thought Bush would win the popular vote, but lose in the electoral college. So they were all ready to organize these rallies, complaining about the system, talking about how if majority of people wanted Bush, then it was wrong to deny him the Presidency. But then the reverse happened, and suddenly it's, "the law is the law! Gore is a sore loser!"

And the media just went along with this "Gore is just being a baby!" crap.
I'll have to check out that book

If you watch any cable news show, you aren't getting news. You are just getting 30 seconds of news and 15 minutes of somebody else's opinions. I don't want other people's opinions, I want the news to tell me whats going on and to form my own opinions.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Check out the Greg Palast website as well to see what happens when a journalist gets concerned with living up to the good name of his profession.