yah after four hours i learned my first song ever! Stair way to heaven. i learned like half of it but its mostly that same beat anyway. except for a couple of parts. dang im so happy. finally ive been playing for like 5 days now and now i have something to play
Congratulations. I can relate. Just recently I was finally able to tap while sweep picking cleanly and in my excitement i posted a bulletin to let UG know. Sometimes the sense of accomplishment is overwhelming. Keep rocking.
congrats!
Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.
Sweet!
My Gear:

Epiphone
Zakk Wylde Custom Bullseye
Silvertone Sunburst Strat Copy
S101 Standard Black Strat Copy
Boss Distortion DS-1 F/S!!!
Arion Metal Master
Line 6 Spider III
15w P.O.S

Soon: Roland Cube 20x
now go play it at guitar center!
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Quote by guitarnoobie
lol Wayne's World.

"No stairway?.. DENIED!"

Gear:

Eastone ST-1
Jackson RR3 Limited Edition
Kustom Arrow 16
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The Box MA-120 MK-II
wait, it took u 5 days to learn or uve been playin guitar for five days and u learnt that
Quote by aaron00lee
wait, it took u 5 days to learn or uve been playin guitar for five days and u learnt that

no ive been playing guitar for five days. yesterday i started trying to play stair way. and after 4 hours i got it
Quote by joeyc
no ive been playing guitar for five days. yesterday i started trying to play stair way. and after 4 hours i got it

Maybe you know the song all the way through, but you still need to learn to play it.
Are you fingerpicking, can you play the right rythm, solo,...

And does it sound right?

If yes=> NICE!!
If no=> practice till you can
Apostle of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join!
My Last.fm
Quote by Absyth
Are you fingerpicking, can you play the right rythm, solo,...

And does it sound right?

If yes=> NICE!!
If no=> practice till you can

im finger picking havent gotten to the solo. but im still real happy that i got like pretty far into the song after only like 4 hours
Congrats. I remember how I felt after learning my first song (it was Zep too, Over the Hills and Far Away). I could've done backflips down the street I was so amped hehe.

Way to go man.
the first song i learned was "Hay thair delilah" that song is easy as h**l to learn

right now im actually learning stairway to haven also
Gratz bro, i know what that feels like, i recently just got my barre chords down and learned sitting waiting wishing, i was so siked, it feels awesome to progresse
I cant remember the first song i learnt. First whole song i pulled off was For Whom The Bells Tolls. Was so happy when i done it =D
soy bomb is terribly easy it was my first full song
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
post yourself on youtube or something and give us a link
My first (like a little over a month ago) was radio by alkaline trio....

right now I'm working Stay together for the kids....

keep at it dude
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
that was like me when i learned the santeria solo. i played it over and over for like 2 hours
yeah right ofc u can play it ..pffff shows a vid to prof that i dont belief